Androip P update

Search This thread

u008ray59

Oct 23, 2017
kolkata
i am unable to opt in the beta program with my pixel 2. whenever i click the opt in button it shows ''we could not enroll your device at this time please try again later" .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180510-132211.png
    Screenshot_20180510-132211.png
    200.3 KB · Views: 444

mikeynavy1

Dec 14, 2012
I believe so. I've been running since it dropped. I haven't had any force closes and the only happens you I've had was with Nova Launcher not showing apps in the drawer and vertical mode. Other than that it's been running good.

Not sure if you found the fix but you can use Nova Launcher app drawer if you go into settings and change the toggle for card mode to on.

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
I believe so. I've been running since it dropped. I haven't had any force closes and the only happens you I've had was with Nova Launcher not showing apps in the drawer and vertical mode. Other than that it's been running good.

Wonderful I don't use any 3rd party launchers so that won't be an issue for me. As this is a beta how often is there updates? Just curious

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
Anyone else really annoyed by the clock being on the left? Beside that it runs and feel great, just a left sides clock is a no for me, hopefully we can move it back in later builds

mikeynavy1

Dec 14, 2012
A few Android P questions/observations that someone might be able to answer as I've had a few minutes to actually use it:
- What is the "Actions Services" and Suggestions app?
- Is there a way to enable locations services but not use GPS to save battery? I only see on/off and when on it says it will use GPS, mobile data, and wi-fi.

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
A few Android P questions/observations that someone might be able to answer as I've had a few minutes to actually use it:
- What is the "Actions Services" and Suggestions app?
- Is there a way to enable locations services but not use GPS to save battery? I only see on/off and when on it says it will use GPS, mobile data, and wi-fi.

There is no need now for the battery saving option in location. There is considerable improvement in battery and GPS does not take away any significant chunk of battery. I am not sure about Actions Services and Suggestions. However, I guess it must be the app for predictive AI based actions.

yogesh_MCFC

May 14, 2018
I'm unable to enroll into the Android P Beta program despite being on a Google Pixel 2. I'm encountering this message - "There are no eligible devices associated with this Google account". Please help!

yogesh_MCFC

May 14, 2018
I have flashed an image before and I'm not sure how to do it as well. I wanted to opt in using the rootless option. Could you please help me out as to why I don't see my Pixel 2 listed on my devices on Google Play? TIA. :)

yogesh_MCFC

May 14, 2018
Flash the whole factory image for DP2 instead.

I think I've found a fix. I removed my google account from the "Accounts" section. Then restarted the phone. It prompted me on restart to sign-in again and I did. Then I went & synced the account, and then downloaded one random app onto my device. Then checked again in Play > Settings and it was there! Magic! Now I can view my device on Google Play & I'm able to download the Android P Beta. It's pretty good. :D

xFirefly93

Jan 10, 2018
Timrå
Anyone know of a way to roll back to 8.1 without losing data? I'm rooted with magisk

I tried installing via system image but the phone will stay on the loading G on boot.

If I try fastboot boot TWRP.img, data is encrypted.

I would recommend a clean flash of latest 8.1 firmware (May security patch) by flashing the factory image.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone