Androxyde Updated FlashTool to 0.9.13 Full Supported Z1

crk1995

Nov 22, 2011
Delhi
While flashing a stock firmware over another stock firmware, do we have to exclude anything from the package.????
I saw an option to exclude TA as well. So if i don't exclude it, will i lose my original DRM keys??

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
While flashing a stock firmware over another stock firmware, do we have to exclude anything from the package.????
I saw an option to exclude TA as well. So if i don't exclude it, will i lose my original DRM keys??
you can only lose your TA partition if you unlock your bootloader, flashing a firmware ftf file does not touch that. please search and read the available threads on how to flash a firmware file and what you can and cannot check, the only things that people sometimes uncheck is wipe data, cache etc

Reactions: timberwolf60

crk1995

Nov 22, 2011
Delhi
you can only lose your TA partition if you unlock your bootloader, flashing a firmware ftf file does not touch that. please search and read the available threads on how to flash a firmware file and what you can and cannot check, the only things that people sometimes uncheck is wipe data, cache etc
Actually I'm new to Sony Xperia line. So i m a bit scared about all this TA thing.
I have watched some videos but none has an option to exclude ta but mine has. I m still not convinced. Can you confirm that you have done it with your phone and did you have an option to exclude TA in your flashtool software...
Thanks in advance. Sorry to bother you.

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Actually I'm new to Sony Xperia line. So i m a bit scared about all this TA thing.
I have watched some videos but none has an option to exclude ta but mine has. I m still not convinced. Can you confirm that you have done it with your phone and did you have an option to exclude TA in your flashtool software...
Just use a tool (or my guide if you're not a Windows user) to backup your TA partition and you won't have to worry about a thing (except losing the backup :p).

crk1995

Nov 22, 2011
Delhi
Just use a tool (or my guide if you're not a Windows user) to backup your TA partition and you won't have to worry about a thing (except losing the backup :p).
Actually the problem is that i m updated to the latest firmware which cannot be rooted at the moment. So i want to first revert back to previous firmware and then root and backup.
And in the guide i didnt find the option for exclude TA in the screenshot.

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
When ive flashed ftf files, i have never checked anything in the exclude section of the flash tool, leave that as it is.

There are 2 versions of flashtool, one is an official from Sony, this tool does not have the option and can only be used with a unlocked bootloader. The flashtool that can be found here in the forum can be used wether you have unlocked or not, it was originally designed back when the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 came out.

So to conclude

1. Make sure you have the latest version of flashtool installed.
2. Download your preferred firmware.
3. Open flashtool and click the lightning icon at top left.
4. make sure bootmode selected is Flashmode.
5. Select your firmware file when prompted.
6. Flashtool will now process the file (give it a minute or 2 to do this)
7. It will now prompt for you to connect phone in flash mode.
8. make sure your phone is turned off, in order to connect in flash mode while holding volume down
connect the usb, keep everything held down until the flash starts.
9. Follow onscreen instructions, it will take around 5 minutes for this to flash, flashtool will tell you went to
disconnect and reboot.

Reactions: crk1995

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Actually the problem is that i m updated to the latest firmware which cannot be rooted at the moment. So i want to first revert back to previous firmware and then root and backup.
And in the guide i didnt find the option for exclude TA in the screenshot.
Or just wait for a root exploit to show up for the latest version. I mean unless you're planning to flash CyanogenMod or something now then why worry about it?

crk1995

Nov 22, 2011
Delhi
When ive flashed ftf files, i have never checked anything in the exclude section of the flash tool, leave that as it is.

There are 2 versions of flashtool, one is an official from Sony, this tool does not have the option and can only be used with a unlocked bootloader. The flashtool that can be found here in the forum can be used wether you have unlocked or not, it was originally designed back when the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 came out.

So to conclude

1. Make sure you have the latest version of flashtool installed.
2. Download your preferred firmware.
3. Open flashtool and click the lightning icon at top left.
4. make sure bootmode selected is Flashmode.
5. Select your firmware file when prompted.
6. Flashtool will now process the file (give it a minute or 2 to do this)
7. It will now prompt for you to connect phone in flash mode.
8. make sure your phone is turned off, in order to connect in flash mode while holding volume down
connect the usb, keep everything held down until the flash starts.
9. Follow onscreen instructions, it will take around 5 minutes for this to flash, flashtool will tell you went to
disconnect and reboot.
CORRECTION:
sony's official flash tool is for locked bootloader and not unlocked bootloader.

And the Sony's official flashtool require some login details. i went through a new user option. But i didnt receive a confirmation email.

I m giving flashtool a try now. Lets see what happens. God save me...:laugh:

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
CORRECTION:
sony's official flash tool is for locked bootloader and not unlocked bootloader.

And the Sony's official flashtool require some login details. i went through a new user option. But i didnt receive a confirmation email.

You missed something, you're supposed to edit the configuration file so that the program will allow use without a login. But it only works for unlocked bootloaders.

Follow the instructions in the link below and you'll get it running:
http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/how-to-download-and-install-the-flash-tool/

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
CORRECTION:

Sony's flashtool only works if you have a unlocked bootloader, go ahead try and use it if you dont believe me, the software will actaully tell you, but hey go ahead.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

CORRECTION:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/

Read that if you don't believe me, read the first paragraph!

i quote "Flash tool for Xperia™ devices
Here you can learn more about the flash tool for Xperia™ devices, which is a desktop application that you can use to flash Sony software on your unlocked Xperia™ device. This is useful if you’ve for example flashed a custom ROM on your device, and want to go change to a standard Sony software. This flash tool can only be used by Xperia™ devices having an unlocked boot loader. Please note that your phone still stays unlocked, and that the warranty may still be voided."

Last edited:

crk1995

Nov 22, 2011
Delhi
Sony's flashtool only works if you have a unlocked bootloader, go ahead try and use it if you dont believe me, the software will actaully tell you, but hey go ahead.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/

Read that if you don't believe me, read the first paragraph!

i quote "Flash tool for Xperia™ devices
Here you can learn more about the flash tool for Xperia™ devices, which is a desktop application that you can use to flash Sony software on your unlocked Xperia™ device. This is useful if you’ve for example flashed a custom ROM on your device, and want to go change to a standard Sony software. This flash tool can only be used by Xperia™ devices having an unlocked boot loader. Please note that your phone still stays unlocked, and that the warranty may still be voided."
OHHH!! Thank You for correcting me...
I m damn scared right now...to flash even a stock rom on new device.. This was not the case with samsung. They didnt have this bootloader thing earlier, dont know about current gen samsung phones.

sofir786

Feb 10, 2009
Birmingham
I m damn scared right now...to flash even a stock rom on new device.. This was not the case with samsung. They didnt have this bootloader thing earlier, dont know about current gen samsung phones.
Do not touch the bootloader at the moment, there is a reason why people are not unlocking their bootloader as doing this breaks camera functionality. Don't be scared, it is quite a simple procedure.

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
New Samsungs are worse, you can't restore them to a state where Samsung can't detect that you've been running custom software on it.

Do not touch the bootloader at the moment, there is a reason why people are not unlocking their bootloader as doing this breaks camera functionality. Don't be scared, it is quite a simple procedure.
Unless you have a TA backup in which case you can do whatever you want.

I'm too much of a ***** to confirm the following theory, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if someone who flashed the wrong TA-backup was able to start the phone in fastboot mode, unlock the bootloader again (perhaps with the unlock token matching the new TA), and flash his own TA from CyanogenMod or something. (Do not quote me on this please, not taking responsibility for someone breaking their phone trying this.)

Last edited: