Question Angry Birds 2 on Pixel 6 is jerky / not smooth

Search This thread

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Hi folks,

Settling in to my Pixel 6. So far it's smooth going and I'm enjoying it, but inexplicably AB2 is nowhere near as fluid as it was on my OP6T or even the OP3T before that. The Pixel 6 is light years more powerful CPU/GPU wise, so I'm really surprised how it's visibly jerky when the rooms zoom in and zoom out, and the bird travel isn't fluid... you can see how the birds travel pixel by pixel as though it's not blended right as it moves. Screen resolution of the two devices is essentially identical; don't know why P6 would be less fluid.

I tried setting the frame rate override in developer tools to lock it to 90, also tried overriding the default graphic driver for the App (from default to system).

Anyone else seeing this, and anything to try fixing it?

My P6 is brand new and completely stock/unrooted, updated to the current January update.

TIA for any help

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Could have been on the restore with data..you might want to try it again with a fresh install then test the app then restore the data. When was the last AB2 update from the PS? Angry birds is never always easy to restore. Titanium could do it but that's another thread entirely.

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Could have been on the restore with data..you might want to try it again with a fresh install then test the app then restore the data. When was the last AB2 update from the PS? Angry birds is never always easy to restore. Titanium could do it but that's another thread entirely.
If you tie Angy birds to the Google Play games.
You will not have to worry about your saved data.
Play games does it for you.

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Thanks guys. My AB2 is tied to my Play Games account. Restore worked fine. In the process I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times before I remembered how to log in properly. So, it's clean. True, never ran it on A12 before. Only previous versions ending in A11.

Top Liked Posts