Angry Birds RIO [Q/WVGA]

Search This thread
G

GuestK00433

Got a Windows Mobile device ? Annoyed that there's no Angry Birds for Windows Mobile ? I certainly am, so i decided to make a JAVA Angry Birds RIO game... i tried WM but i suck at it but java... eh easy as pie. So you will need a Java Player you could use JBlend (untested) or JavaFX or any other one.

1. Get a Java Player (for windows mobile)

2. Download the newest angry birds RIO for your device

unleddpf.png

2a. Extract angry birds to reveal a jar file... DO NOT EXTRACT THAT

unled1bxc.png

3. Copy both to your Phone

4. Install the Java Player

5. Install the Jar File

6. Play

READ: if you want javaFX and not Jblend follow these instructions

img294632angrybirdsrio.jpg

xlargeangrybirdsrio.jpg

DOWNLOADS:

[WVGA]:
V1.0 download
Bugs:
Don't know any yet

[WVGA]:
V1.1 download
Fixes:
Screen Overlap fixed, as far as i know

NEW
[QVGA]
V0.1 ALPHA*
download ALPHA
Bugs:
Alot.. lol

NEWER :D
[COLOR]
[QVGA]
V0.11 ALPHA
DOWNLOAD
Bugs:
Not working in Landscape Mode, doenst work in JBLEND, MUST USE JAVAFX 1.2

If i Helped Please Donate :D

* = This might not work, accually i dont think it will, my blueangel inst charged and my vouge is upstairs so dont be annoyed... use at own risk

Last edited:

ajaysinbeast

Sep 22, 2008
New Delhi
confirmed working with javafx. but previous screen overlap when quitting game. also can it be played in landscape mode. thank you.

G

GuestK00433

try turning it sideways before opening javafx... will try to fix

frotna

Sep 27, 2008
Hi...
Great news for us still on WM and thank you for this.
To confirm, it's not working well with Jblend (picture is teared) but it's working ok with JavaFx. One more benefit of JavaFX is that you can install it on Storage Card and also all java apps can be also installed on Storage Card so you can preserve main memory.
One more tip. If you can't access all options in landscape (like i can't on my HD2) use virtual Dpad to circle between options...
Cheers...

G

GuestK00433

thanks for the tip.. so JBLEND is definitely a no no. Does it work well? i don't have a wvga device to test it?. Please give clear feedback :D

ajaysinbeast

Sep 22, 2008
New Delhi
as reported earlier game is working okay and partial screen overlapping when quitting the game in portrait mode.but now working perfectly in landscape mode.

1. If you rotate screen from rotatescreen application and open javafx it would return back to portrait mode.

2. In settings>personal> button>button1(hold)>2 assign a program> select rotatescreen.

3. Open Javafx select angry birds rio then press and hold button1 (call) screen rotates to landscape and game is good to play no freeze, tearing or overlapping.

this is how I got it on my Blackstone with Ypsmav swift 1.1a rom. thanks and hope it works for all.

You can thank me if I helped.

Last edited:

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU
wooow!!!

This is really nice.
I'e tried on my blackstone using Jblend (latest from LEO) and it doesn't work (it runs out of memory), but Installed JavaFX and works fine.

Thanks!. hope you continue improving this version, and porting more applications to be used on our devices!

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
it works baby...
if you manage to make another Java game or applications, i can provide picture logo and to make a very good new Java concept for WInMo...

are you interested...

Device : TG01
ROM : 29007
Java version : JavaFX 1.2
WM : 6.5.3

nowbody66

Aug 25, 2007
Yes... it works on my HTC HD2 with JavaFX:)... but the rotating does not work.

Greeetings and many thanks

G

GuestK00433

kaleys said:
quite a big file for a java game , atleast the biggest i've seen so far

sorry for making it large. its mostly the pictures. and the Sounds. Sorry :(

it works baby...
if you manage to make another Java game or applications, i can provide picture logo and to make a very good new Java concept for WInMo...

are you interested...

Device : TG01
ROM : 29007
Java version : JavaFX 1.2
WM : 6.5.3

Hmm dont really understand what you mean but OK :D DO YOU mean making a good logo .. tnx

Yes... it works on my HTC HD2 with JavaFX... but the rotating does not work.

Greeetings and many thanks

go to start/settings/system/screen
then do landscape (right handed ) or landscape (left handed)

Then OK hope i helped

Last edited:

ajaysinbeast

Sep 22, 2008
New Delhi
OK i see the way... but ther is nothing to change in the first section..:(

this method was applied working after screen was not rotating automatically.

...and i do not want to do anything in the registry to make this setting working.

Thanks and greeetings

it has nothing to do with your registry settings this is simple settings in your phone. start> settings>personal> buttons choose rotatescreen.

Reactions: nowbody66

nowbody66

Aug 25, 2007
it has nothing to do with your registry settings this is simple settings in your phone. start> settings>personal> buttons choose rotatescreen.

Ok, this way is not avaiable at my HTC HD2. But i have found the personal section under start/settings/menue/more/personal/buttons... and then... i see a screen with no useability. In the attachment you see a screenshot from the internet. In my screen it has no entries they are all empty.
I think it's also a rom problem... "ROM 3.14.407.2(04666)GER.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
I installed now the "Showcase-RC3.cab" from http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/htc_hd2_forum/113798-htc_hd2_tastenbelegung_senkey_and_endkey.html
and also the "Rotate_Screen_1.1.cab" from http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-rotate-screen.html.

An Now it works... :)
Greetings and many Thanks to you

Attachments

• SendKey.jpg
    SendKey.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Homer-S

Aug 30, 2006
I got it to work with latest rotate screen hints

One question, is 2 finger zoom working on any device?

Thanks

mitsi

Jun 19, 2008
Croydon
Thanks for the game zainuintel - it works great - well done! I added JavaFX to my rotated apps on BsB Tweaks and it works fine in landscape too. :D:D

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Lot of games seems to be works with JAVAFx...
i triend some another *.jar designed to Symbian S60v5... somenthing like a Nokia with 640x320...

Always a bad effect in game menu but in real games, all works great without problem...

My last game was a Trial Moto... awesome...

Have fun !

PS...
is there a way to save game in other place than Root of device because, i consume lot of space with 5 games...

poyensa

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
thanks a lot for this game! i have installed in root and after first play the space in device has been reduced aprox 50MB!! :eek: is this normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another Good Game !

After some research, i found this JAVAFX very usefull to have some interesting games...

All are not designed for WVGA because it was for 640x480 resolution but sometimes it use enlarge feature then you can play full screen...

One of my collection :

Motocross Trial Extreme by LeSScro

screen004fn.png

have fun !
    OK i see the way... but ther is nothing to change in the first section..:(

this method was applied working after screen was not rotating automatically.

...and i do not want to do anything in the registry to make this setting working.

Thanks and greeetings

Hi.
    I installed JavaFx to storage card and it lets me to install apps either to Internal or External memory...
    thanks a lot for this game! i have installed in root and after first play the space in device has been reduced aprox 50MB!! :eek: is this normal?

:D ...yes, was also at my HD2.

but:
    frotna said:
    Hi.
    I installed JavaFx to storage card and it lets me to install apps either to Internal or External memory...

I've also installed JavaFX and the game on storage card. Work's perfect !
    Great work, well done