• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Animations set scale set to .25

Search This thread

m1ckbr1t

Nov 7, 2021
Manchester
If you want to drop the animations settings in developer options below the available .50 to .25 here are the commands. Please only do this if you know what you doing I'm not responsible for your mistakes! Do your research before applying these settings.....

Assuming you know what adb is and how to set it up below are the commands, if not give it a google as I will not post how to do it.

Check your device is connected

adb devices

To set scales to .25

adb shell
settings put global window_animation_scale 0.25
settings put global transition_animation_scale 0.25
settings put global animator_duration_scale 0.25

To Check what they are set to

settings get global window_animation_scale
settings get global transition_animation_scale
settings get global animator_duration_scale

These settings stay after a reboot but is not reflected in developer settings to put back to .50 or whatever change the .25 to what you want.

IMPORTANT
I am not responsible for your mistakes this is just a guide found on the internet.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Can't you turn off animations completely on Pixels?
One of the first things I do is turn off animations completely on PCs and Androids. They do nothing except waste resources.

m1ckbr1t

Nov 7, 2021
Manchester
One of the first things I do is turn off animations completely on PCs and Androids. They do nothing except waste resources.
Yes you can in developer options but certain things just ain't right like when you turn them off and pull down the notification drawer it comes down so quick that you sometimes select a notification without meaning to unless you have lightening reflexes.

Reactions: yyz71 and blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yes you can in developer options but certain things just ain't right like when you turn them off and pull down the notification drawer it comes down so quick that you sometimes select a notification without meaning to unless you have lightening reflexes.

Not sure why they would do that...
Maybe only one of the Pixel animation settings needs to be partially delayed, the rest can be cut to zero and still avoid that behavior.

Reactions: yyz71 and m1ckbr1t

Opensystem

May 12, 2013
Does this still break fingerprint after the newest update? I haven't sideloaded it yet so I can't test

Opensystem

May 12, 2013
Not at all if anything makes it seem faster as the visual animations are reduced. I've side loaded the .37 update and fingerprint is working perfectly it always has done for me.
A lot of posts on XDA mentioned that turning off animation scaling or reducing it messed with the scanner. Just so anyone doing this is aware

Reactions: m1ckbr1t

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Maybe only one of the Pixel animation settings needs to be partially delayed, the rest can be cut to zero and still avoid that behavior.
If you turn them all completely off, then things like the loading spinner, don't spin. Because of this, I turn them all off except Animator duration, which will fix this. I set it to the lowest setting, 0.01x -- if the custom ROM allows, otherwise I do the stock 0.50x. In the past I have used this adb command though to get it lower. Works nicely.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If you turn them all completely off, then things like the loading spinner, don't spin. Because of this, I turn them all off except Animator duration, which will fix this. I set it to the lowest setting, 0.01x -- if the custom ROM allows, otherwise I do the stock 0.50x. In the past I have used this adb command though to get it lower. Works nicely.
Interesting; it's integrated with features and hard to get around. I didn't expect this but can see the design logic. Be nice if they had some plugins to modify the UI without resorting to a 3rd party launcher.

The N10+'s notifications pull down comes down at whatever speed you pull it down. No false touches; you need to release the display before it becomes active. However if animations is active it's like waiting for the story to end... anoying.

Reactions: m1ckbr1t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to drop the animations settings in developer options below the available .50 to .25 here are the commands. Please only do this if you know what you doing I'm not responsible for your mistakes! Do your research before applying these settings.....

Assuming you know what adb is and how to set it up below are the commands, if not give it a google as I will not post how to do it.

Check your device is connected

adb devices

To set scales to .25

adb shell
    settings put global window_animation_scale 0.25
    settings put global transition_animation_scale 0.25
    settings put global animator_duration_scale 0.25

To Check what they are set to

settings get global window_animation_scale
    settings get global transition_animation_scale
    settings get global animator_duration_scale

These settings stay after a reboot but is not reflected in developer settings to put back to .50 or whatever change the .25 to what you want.

IMPORTANT
    I am not responsible for your mistakes this is just a guide found on the internet.
    thanks for the info, just in case someone doesn't want to use the ADB way: I used the app Setedit to change the settings (this app needs the WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission set either via console or ADB, though ;) )....