• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Anker 7200 MAH Pix and Battery life test in progress.

Search This thread

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
So I was chatting with Anker due to needing to get a replacement for a 4400mah battery that started to swell at 12 months and they offered to let me join their power user group and test their new 7200Mah battery, I received the battery in exchange for a fair review which I will be providing here and on Amazon.

I plan on doing some testing using these to drain and monitor:

1) battery drain
2) battery monitor

I also plan on seeing what kind of real life I can get out of it.

I will do several pictures of the battery and case for width compared to an OEM, and a 4400 MAH batteries as well as the size installed.
I have the seidio active with kickstand case, and I'll also compare it to the otterbox defender for the s3.

anyone else have any suggestions on what they'd like to see let me know.

it came about 50% charged so It will take a bit to fill and I have to go visit my Mother in the hospital (heart surgery) so I'll probably end up charging it overnight.

My initial impression is that the case is probably the nicest TPU case I've used, it could be somewhat difficult with a sizable case to get in and out of your pocket, but the back is polished so it doesn't grab as much but the sides are textured so it is easy to grip and I'm not concerned about having it slide out of my hand. The weight is substantial compared to a phone in a case with the standard battery, it is noticeably heavier than the 4400 mah and the siedio rugged case. It does feel as though it would survive a fall but I'm not likely to test it.

Attachments

• image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 906
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 825
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 855
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 977
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 857
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 876
  • image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 845
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 875
  • image022.jpg
    image022.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 889
  • image024.jpg
    image024.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 925
  • image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 881
  • image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 868
  • image025.jpg
    image025.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 885
  • image026.jpg
    image026.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,057
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:
Reactions: diablo009

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
Initial charge from 15% to full took 8:52 I'm going to start Battery Drain now and see how long it lasts. It will be set to GPS on but not locked, Screen Brightness 100%, Bluetooth on, Wi=Fi on, and CPU load which seems to draw around 700-800MA/H. Comparisons are available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1843896 The Mungen 4600 was tested at nearly 6 hrs and the anker 4400 5:19

3 hours into the test, 79% this would be about where the stock battery would give up normally.

runtime screenshots since this is kind of like watching paint dry since this battery lasts so long :)
68% after 4:32 min
Also 10 minute intervals for the charging and discharging.

Last edited:

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
this thing is unstoppable. still going 12+ hours later

there was around 40 minutes where a missed call kicked it off of battery drain as you can see but it still has 13% left at this point.
i'm going to have to rethink how to test this battery since it is lasting so long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-03-30.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-03-30.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 500
  • Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-03-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-03-44.png
    210 KB · Views: 482
  • Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-03-53.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-03-53.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 541
  • Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-04-08.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-22-22-04-08.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
I let it keep going until it died last night, so it took a while to charge up today. Just over 1% an hour in normal use, which would put it over 3 days but less than 4 on one charge.

- 24 hours in: 3 hours screentime with internet use, updating apps, and other normal use. 74 % 1.1%usage per hour.

- 48 hours in: phone rebooted at 1d 9 hrs so not everything will look correct however I have added some shots of the built in battery use so you can see the chart and the screen use

- 72 hours in: 27% not much more to say, in fact just passed 80 hours and 15% left. i'll be charging at work tomorrow probably all day but i know it's not done yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-26-11-53-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-26-11-53-28.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 395
  • Screenshot_2013-12-26-11-53-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-26-11-53-48.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
Reactions: sailindawg

sailindawg

May 13, 2012
How is the radio signals with this battery. One of the complaints on the Zerolemon 7000 is that it seems to interfere with LTE & phone antenna signals. Great job on reviewing the battery. I liked the case comparison photos. I'm using the seidio extended case right now with a 4400. I may get this Anker 7200.

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
How is the radio signals with this battery. One of the complaints on the Zerolemon 7000 is that it seems to interfere with LTE & phone antenna signals. Great job on reviewing the battery. I liked the case comparison photos. I'm using the seidio extended case right now with a 4400. I may get this Anker 7200.

I haven't noticed any signal issues, however I live in a good area, not fringe. I did a speed test and i have a shot of the signal as well. The combo you have is the same as what I use for extended battery. This is noticably heavier but the battery life is hard to believe. to make nearly 50 hours and be at 50% is crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sailindawg

xhozt

May 20, 2007
dallaS
No. Does nfc work with this battery? The nfc antenna is in the battery on our phones, the isis sim is another animal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
No. Does nfc work with this battery? The nfc antenna is in the battery on our phones, the isis sim is another animal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I don't mean any disrespect but that's not completely correct.
as the phone comes stock the NFC antenna is included in the battery. However, if you are on verizon and install the sim for isis payments you can switch to a non NFC battery and still have NFC.
In fact if you check with verizon there are plenty of verizon phones that do not natively come with NFC who, by using the NFC sim, will be able to use NFC. It is also the reason that apple hasn't bothered to include nfc in iphones as all they will need is the NFC sim and it will work and it will be magical :)

so yes, in the stock battery and most replacements NFC is included. in this battery it is not. which is not an issue to me on verizon as I have the NFC sim which superceeds the NFC antenna on the battery.

sandep

Jan 13, 2011
I just went and picked up an NFC enabled sim card from Verizon. I'm trying to use it with one of my batteries that doesn't support NFC but I'm not having any success.

Is there anything special I need to do to get this working? I'm skeptical this will enable me to use NFC without an NFC enabled battery.

I'm running CM11 official 12/27 and confirm that NFC works with my NFC enabled battery. I cannot get NFC to work with the new isis sim card and a battery that lacks NFC.

Zizza

Dec 12, 2013
amazing product great performance however a tad to bulky i recently switched down from my zerolemon extended battery to carrying a standard spare and a 5star america external battery charger

greenbay

Apr 20, 2012
its really nice. i have pix in my thread if you are interested. seems like a durable and safe case for the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

aenews

Jul 29, 2013
Bakersfield
Just saying, shouldn't anyone who wants NFC buy a Hyperion or Zerolemon 7000 mAh battery instead? I am curious as if this one has any other advantages over the others besides the potential marginal gain of 200 mAh. The Hyperion is apparently the cheapest of the three at $34.99.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another thing which you extended battery lovers should note that these extended battery start expanding with time and since all the components are phone are already tightly packed in, it causes damage to other parts of phone.

I was myself in hunt of getting an extended battery, but I've dropped the idea as I've seen several reviews on Amazon for Anker and Hyperion extended batteries of users complaining of LCD damage on phone due to expansion of battery.

Defective batteries can swell, no matter the size or capacity. A well made extended battery is no more of a risk than an oem battery. Implying that all extended batteries are going to swell over time is ridiculous and untrue.
    So I was chatting with Anker due to needing to get a replacement for a 4400mah battery that started to swell at 12 months and they offered to let me join their power user group and test their new 7200Mah battery, I received the battery in exchange for a fair review which I will be providing here and on Amazon.

I plan on doing some testing using these to drain and monitor:

1) battery drain
    2) battery monitor

I also plan on seeing what kind of real life I can get out of it.

I will do several pictures of the battery and case for width compared to an OEM, and a 4400 MAH batteries as well as the size installed.
    I have the seidio active with kickstand case, and I'll also compare it to the otterbox defender for the s3.

anyone else have any suggestions on what they'd like to see let me know.

it came about 50% charged so It will take a bit to fill and I have to go visit my Mother in the hospital (heart surgery) so I'll probably end up charging it overnight.

My initial impression is that the case is probably the nicest TPU case I've used, it could be somewhat difficult with a sizable case to get in and out of your pocket, but the back is polished so it doesn't grab as much but the sides are textured so it is easy to grip and I'm not concerned about having it slide out of my hand. The weight is substantial compared to a phone in a case with the standard battery, it is noticeably heavier than the 4400 mah and the siedio rugged case. It does feel as though it would survive a fall but I'm not likely to test it.
    I let it keep going until it died last night, so it took a while to charge up today. Just over 1% an hour in normal use, which would put it over 3 days but less than 4 on one charge.

- 24 hours in: 3 hours screentime with internet use, updating apps, and other normal use. 74 % 1.1%usage per hour.

- 48 hours in: phone rebooted at 1d 9 hrs so not everything will look correct however I have added some shots of the built in battery use so you can see the chart and the screen use

- 72 hours in: 27% not much more to say, in fact just passed 80 hours and 15% left. i'll be charging at work tomorrow probably all day but i know it's not done yet.

I haven't noticed any signal issues, however I live in a good area, not fringe. I did a speed test and i have a shot of the signal as well. The combo you have is the same as what I use for extended battery. This is noticably heavier but the battery life is hard to believe. to make nearly 50 hours and be at 50% is crazy.
    Another thing which you extended battery lovers should note that these extended battery start expanding with time and since all the components are phone are already tightly packed in, it causes damage to other parts of phone.

I was myself in hunt of getting an extended battery, but I've dropped the idea as I've seen several reviews on Amazon for Anker and Hyperion extended batteries of users complaining of LCD damage on phone due to expansion of battery.

How can you damage the lcd because of the extended battery?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app