• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Remix OS Player - Android Marshmallow emulator for PC

Search This thread

RemixOS_Jason

Remix OS Rep
Jan 22, 2016
Beijing
We’ve just released Remix OS Player, an Android Marshmallow emulator that lets you run Android games and apps directly on your Windows PC.

Download it here: www.jide.com/remixos-player, play with it and give us feedback here: http://bit.ly/2cxZhBs.

Check out the video intro here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcCYmWTl-g

Remix OS Player is now the easiest way for you to experience Remix OS, especially if you still haven’t been able to get it working on your PC.

And, just like Remix OS for PC, it’s free.
Give us feedback and let’s build it together.

KamaL

Oct 2, 2006
500px.com
Good to know you're getting into the android emu competition!

I've been testing several android emulators on my device, and I sue mostly MEMU as it is the fastest and most stable.

Still, having RemixOS as an emu on Windows 10 would be great. I made a few tests and here are my impression:
- not enough setting on the advanced tab before booting up. I'd like to assign more RAM and CPU cores, and most importantly, a higher resolution as my device has a 2160x1440 resolution.
- Performance is quite low, maybe it will be better if I can assign more resources.
- no full screen mode - this is essential for running it as a real emulator
- I can't find a way to share files and APKs from my windows partition as in other emulators

Looking forward for more updates :)

MartinDimchev

Oct 11, 2014
This is what I get:

emulator: ERROR: x86_64 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: Unable to open HAXM device: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Please help! :)

Reactions: pittrich

srikanth003

Jun 24, 2013
This is great. I've had Remix OS as a dual boot option on my Windows 8.1 laptop. But wanted something that I can quickly switch between Android and Windows, rather than reboot each time. Recently found LeapDroid and it perfectly fits my bill so far. I'm glad Remix is jumping on the VM direction as well. I'll check the OS player.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Getting this error. Looks like VT-x needs to be turned on? I'll keep checking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU acceleration status: VT feature disabled in BIOS/UEFI
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boomski17

Jul 22, 2011
Chicago
Cursor issues

I installed the new Remix.exe and it appears to load fine but the cursor force moves to the left leaving me unable to click anything. Anyone else having issues? I am on a Lenovo 460s touchscreen model. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

um009

Aug 23, 2012
Islamabad
techbeasts.com
You need to install Intel HAXM

This is what I get:

You need to install Intel HAXM. I had the same issue and resolved it by installing Intel HAXM. It basically reserves a particular amount of RAM from your PC for running Android x86 sources. I have linked it in my guide here, have a look: http://techbeasts.com/download-remix-os-player-for-pc/

Reactions: srikanth003

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
for the ones who does have virtualisation error ,you need to go to tools and instal intel haxm app.
it is a intel android emulator runtime provided with remix player.

now my feedback....
this need a full screen mode for the app.
it need to save settings for resolution/cores/ram.
it need ota updates.
It need stable and working play store.
It need smoother zoom and scroll.
The key mapper need to be in app instead of in rom.
it need open gl es 3.0 support.
need 4cores 4gb ram support.
and this absolutely need game controller support!
it need large hdd image support.(8 16 32 64 gb)
outside this everything is ok.

Last edited:

um009

Aug 23, 2012
Islamabad
techbeasts.com
for the ones who does have virtualisation error ,you need to go to tools and instal intel haxm app.
it is a intel android emulator runtime provided with remix player.

now my feedback....
this need a full screen mode for the app.
it need to save settings for resolution.
it need ota updates.
it need open gl es 3.0 support.
and this absolutely need game controller support!
it need large hdd image support.
outside this everything is ok.

Did you face black screen on boot after launching it? If so, then how did you fix it?

MartinDimchev

Oct 11, 2014
You need to install Intel HAXM. I had the same issue and resolved it by installing Intel HAXM. It basically reserves a particular amount of RAM from your PC for running Android x86 sources. I have linked it in my guide here, have a look: http://techbeasts.com/download-remix-os-player-for-pc/

Can't be installed. Gives me error. Can't find driver or something. Saw in the comments on the download page many people have the same problem after Anniversary update... So messed up.

The guy that's saying to install it from the tools folder. What I need to install, there are many things.

um009

Aug 23, 2012
Islamabad
techbeasts.com
no black screen on me,i use a gtx 980 with a i7 4770k
i have enabled vt-d and virtualisation in my uefi bios and instaled intel haxm and set it for 4gb ram
and i use 3gb 720p 3cores in remix player.

I have the virtualisation enabled and also installed HAXM but its stuck on the black screen for me. Can't get across this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 139

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We’ve just released Remix OS Player, an Android Marshmallow emulator that lets you run Android games and apps directly on your Windows PC.

Download it here: www.jide.com/remixos-player, play with it and give us feedback here: http://bit.ly/2cxZhBs.

Check out the video intro here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcCYmWTl-g

Remix OS Player is now the easiest way for you to experience Remix OS, especially if you still haven’t been able to get it working on your PC.

And, just like Remix OS for PC, it’s free.
    Give us feedback and let’s build it together.
    @moman2000 - Amazing work on Project ROC! I've shared it with our dev team. :)

As for AMD, as I alluded to before, AMD doesn't support VT and thus, Remix OS Player (based on Android Studio) isn't supported at this time.

Thanks!

Wow, you guys are awesome!
    I don't know if you guys have seen my work here!, but I am also trying to root and install xposed on this but my AMD A8-3500M is not supported :(

Regards,
    Mohamed
    This is what I get:

You need to install Intel HAXM

This is what I get:

I've installed Remix OS Player, but it won't start.:confused:
    Core2Duo 3 GHz
    RAM: 2GB.
    Win10 32 Bit
    core2 does not have the minimum requirement for the player,you should have read it first.