• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Release of Remix OS for PC Beta version

Search This thread
Jan 25, 2016
Hey Remixers! We are happy to announce that Remix OS for PC Beta version has been released! Please go to http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc for free download. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter for future update releases! ‪#‎RemixOn‬

Version Number: 2.0.102
Release Time: 3/1/2016
Package Type: 64-bit version for Legacy BIOS & EFI boot / 32-bit version for Legacy boot
Update:
1) Installation on hard disk
2) Supports over-the-air (OTA) system updates
3) Release for 32-bit ROM
4) Better compatibility on new Intel CPUs (Update to Linux kernel 4.4)
5) New Installation tool that supports hard disk and USB flash drive
6) Larger data space (up to 8GB for hard disk and up to 64GB for USB flash drive)
7) Faster USB boot-up
8) Battery display bug fixed
9) Supports 1080p display on YouTube and Netflix apps.
10) Terminal app pre-installed for developers
11) Image file supports both EFI and Legacy mode

Last edited:

bmota

Aug 17, 2014
:D:D cool!!
but, they links in the site it is still the alpha version...
eager to test rsrsrsrsrs :D
p.s.: sorry, my english is poor.

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Not workingon ufi. Says boot failed

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Ufi i get this error..

20583093d1d98a40ea04a7a84a9a8541.jpg

I managed to get it to boot via legacy but i preffer to keep my system as ufi

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1. ]Download the Remix OS for PC package, which contains the Remix OS for PC ROM & Installation Tool.
  2. Open the Remix OS Installation Tool and follow the instructions to install Remix OS for PC on your hard disk.
  3. Reboot your PC.
  4. Select Remix OS in Windows Boot Menu.

what's with the Windows Boot Menu? a windows OS installed is a prerequisite?

Reactions: Dzsexon

tsg2513

Oct 15, 2010
64bit version didn't work for me on my ASUS TP500L. I got the following error:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,869

DrJoint1991

May 20, 2015
Carlow
Installed x64 successfully, start to install Google Play services and bang.. it freezes. Reboot -> installing second time - works fine. Went to Play Store, start downloading Google Chrome, installation finished and bang.. another freeze. I want to notice it is happening on my machine at work. Will give another shot when back home. Hope it will work fine.

|Merik10

Jul 1, 2012
Kingston Upon Thames
Uefi bios only !

Hey Guys,

So i have download the beta on the Remix OS (32BIT) although for the life of me cannot get it working. I have a linx Tablet which doesn't seem to have legacy support within the BIOS. As far as i am aware the 32BIT version of the OS is Legacy only so how am i meant to install the OS? Here's what i have tried so far.

- Used the beta software to install Remix OS on the same drive, installs fine but when i restart the tablet it boots straight into windows 10. Also when looking at the boot manager there's nothing there to boot from.
Installed the 64 BIT version which also doesn't boot although if i go into my boot manager it appears but when selecting the screen goes black. Most likely due to the fact I'm trying to boot 64 BIT on a 32BIT tablet.

Now this seems like its going to be an issue for many people with 32BIT systems with no legacy option available.

Has anyone had luck getting this working ???

Top Liked Posts