Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2 MR2-Release [Updated 3 July 2010]

Search This thread

Lerka

Mar 10, 2010
7. When hanging up a phonecall, the phone makes three loud beeps via the rear speaker. WHY???

same here... but only if the person u talk to hangs up first. its so annoying.

PanichUS

May 27, 2010
Rene,

when you hear 3 tones after call finish - is bluetooth activated in this moment for your x2? For example, do you use BT connection to your X2 in your car (handsfree)? Do you think that there is some special requirements for BT headset using to generate this sound on main unit if call was finished?

when you see bad power consumption results - is wifi activated in communication manager in your X2? I think that if you activate wifi - it can be reason for huge additional current if unit can't find appropriate wifi network for some reason.
For example, I found that if I activate wifi - I always should connect unit to charger every day. Then I found that this is specific issue only for me. The specific way of my wifi using is followed - I use 2 different wifi connections to my X2 (on home - secured network through router and in office - open wifi network). I do have connection issues every morning in office and every evening in home. Even if my X2 reports that it's connected to office network - I can see in status bar in Today screen that it's trying to conect again and again - and also I can't use browser or Goggle maps because no data connection is available through wifi. After I power off/on my unit - it can really connect to office wifi network and I can use browser and receive mails e t.c. When I return to home, I see that unit still be connected to office network - but it's impossile. And again - I can't use browser or receive mails by using my X2. After I power off/on unit - it can connect to home network. I can't fix issues in office and in home just turn off/on wifi in communication manager - issue still be actual after this. So, what I do every day - I turn off/turn on my unit every morning after arrive to office and again power on/ power off unit every evening when arrive home :( So I should spent 2 minutes every morning and 2 minutes every evening to reboot unit. On other hands I think that this is step to avoid more serious issues after couple of days of Windows using - you know usially you can see performance degradation after 1 week of using of any WinMob device - looks like this is result of lot of memory leaks, memory corruptions inside MSFT SW.

if we are talking about unexpected password issue or issue when you can't unlock unit by LOCK icon sliding left or right after press on power on button - for me it looks like memory is corrupted in MSFT lock app. As result some password is requested even if user never activates this password for lock screen. But it's clear that in reality, unit doesn't story in memory any password to compare with entered one - otherwise after power off/on sequency unit still ask password from you. But as I see in the same situation with my X2 - after I remove/insert battery and power on unit - I never see again this issue just after unit goes to Idle.
I think that memory, which is used by MSFT Lock code, can be corrupted only in scope of the same Windows process (of cause if memory is isolated for all processes in WinMob - I hope it's true) - so only other MSFT code can corrupt this memory. Do you know about any public forum where we can ask help from MSFT to see in this issue? I never see that Aaron wrote anything about any contacts in MSFT - but I think that MSFT should be also responsible for any product if Windows logo is applyed to device with WinMob?
To reduce the probability of this issue I never use AutoLock and always lock unit by click on Lock icon in Today panel or by long press on right HW kwy (with key sign).

Last edited:

Detchen

Nov 28, 2010
wifi

Hi! I have a similar issue with the wifi that PanichUS described.
The phone sees the network, tells that it's available, but I am not able to connect to it (so I can not do internet browsing, read the emails, etc.)
This happened to me while switching from one network to another, which were in two different places (and the phone was showing the network still available of the place I have already left). But in my case rebooting the phone did not help.
This is not the only case. The same thing also happens to me after I use bluetooth. The phone is connected to the wifi network (I could do internet browsing, etc.), I use bluetooth, and after that I can no more recover the connection. Again it shows that the network is available, but I can not connect to it.
The only thing which helped by now was restarting my house router.
Is the MR2 the last release of the firmware by date? I have bought my phone recently, and for me it seems that it was updated: I have radio, and the theme with grey background (X2 Titan) was activated in the very beginning.

PanichUS

May 27, 2010
MR2 is last update for X2. Don't wait another update.
Try turn off Wifi in Communication manager before power off and turn on Wifi back in Communication manager after power on.

Detchen

Nov 28, 2010
Wifi

I have discovered that in fact I don't have problem to connect when using an open network, while with the protected one is always an issue.
Reboot of the phone doesn't change anything even if before doing it I switch off wifi in the connections manager and delete all the settings. Nothing - only reset of the router what helps.
I also tried to use other software (Wifi Monster) - the same thing.
The phone is really wonderful, it really has it's spirit with all these panels and generally the interface, but the wifi issue is really annoying!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone