• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Annoying ads

Search This thread

Imad1969

Jul 25, 2021
Hi xiaomi . With samsung devices, no ads ( rarely). With xiaomi ANNOYING ads. Is there a specific setting (s) , no apps, especialy vpn ones, could be done directely from the phone or google could stop those ads pls. Your help will be appreciated. Thx

Bart3n

Nov 29, 2010
Pittem
Hi xiaomi . With samsung devices, no ads ( rarely). With xiaomi ANNOYING ads. Is there a specific setting (s) , no apps, especialy vpn ones, could be done directely from the phone or google could stop those ads pls. Your help will be appreciated. Thx
Where do you see these ads? I have mine for 6 weeks now. Not one has been spotted.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Not exactly true, Samsung does send you stuff all the time and if you use a system app, like members, you'll see them also. While all ads are annoying, you can opt out of them during the setup process on Xiaomi phones. Perhaps you missed that part?

Imad1969

Jul 25, 2021
Hi and thx for ur replay. I opt them out already sir. But still have ads. And another thing that i found, the font style is missing too. Or am i a dumb?

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
I don't get what ROM you are using, anyway to deactivate ads you must go into settings, privacy, authorization and revocation and deactivate the related apps (daemon, ads, analytics) then for each MIUI app go into settings and set to off "receive raccomandations". Regarding Google apps you must set to off ads options into settings->Google. To remove ads into chrome you can't do anything but installing a different browser, I do recommend Kiwi browser which is basically a copy of chrome with an in built ad blocker