Question Annoying Gboard Voice Dictation Problem

Search This thread

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
So I have an interesting problem. Whenever I use voice button on gboard, (on my 9 pro) intermittently, it won't recognize my voice unless I speak INCREDIBLY loudly. It's incredibly annoying because I'll be speaking a paragraph, and it just stops randomly recording midway through it.

My theory is that it might be a microphone volume problem. I've come to this conclusion because I have an S21 ultra, and it NEVER ever does that. On my Ultra, it picks up my voice smoothly throughout the entire paragraph.

I've tried normal gboard and gboard beta. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way to fix?

(I've checked everything. I have background data on, and set the battery to 'not optimize'. I don't have any special battery saving apps that could be causing issues. Usage access and all relevant permissions has been granted for voice dictation).

Reactions: rickysidhu_

flaxjef

Apr 16, 2008
I am rooted and have no audio mods.
If you do not believe me that is fine.
Maybe someone else can test it for you.
I never use this function, but today I have tried it specifically for you.
Talked around 3 -4 minutes and it was dictating just fine. When I was finished talking I noticed that the keyboard was still listening for quite some time.
Maybe my voice is a little bit louder, but I did not have to raise my voice.

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
On OP9, happens to me but when it does it will type out the first word and then it will stop recording. Not sure why it does this
This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. It does this to me constantly.

This never happens to me on my S21 ultra.

I'm wondering if there's a way to increase microphone volume for voice dictation.

Does anybody know an ADB command to accomplish this?

Reactions: rickysidhu_

howbeit

Feb 11, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro

I'm wondering if there's a way to increase microphone volume for voice dictation.

Same issue here. It doesn't happen always, but it happens frequently enough to be annoying. Just the first word and then it stops.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On OP9, happens to me but when it does it will type out the first word and then it will stop recording. Not sure why it does this
    So I have an interesting problem. Whenever I use voice button on gboard, (on my 9 pro) intermittently, it won't recognize my voice unless I speak INCREDIBLY loudly. It's incredibly annoying because I'll be speaking a paragraph, and it just stops randomly recording midway through it.

My theory is that it might be a microphone volume problem. I've come to this conclusion because I have an S21 ultra, and it NEVER ever does that. On my Ultra, it picks up my voice smoothly throughout the entire paragraph.

I've tried normal gboard and gboard beta. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way to fix?

(I've checked everything. I have background data on, and set the battery to 'not optimize'. I don't have any special battery saving apps that could be causing issues. Usage access and all relevant permissions has been granted for voice dictation).