• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Another bug!! great

Search This thread

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
I'm shocked that anybody could ever consider using useless gestures instead of the proper 3-button menu that actually works.
Been running Nova Prime and using multiple gestures for several years, over 4 devices, nearly flawless operation.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I'm shocked that anybody could ever consider using useless gestures instead of the proper 3-button menu that actually works.
Been also using gestures since they were released, and even though I didn't quite like the first Android iteration, it's grown on me and I don't want to return to any sort of button layered menu, ever again.

Interesting anecdote: I had many conversations (before gestures became mainstream in the Android world) with friends that used IPhones, telling me that they would NOT consider switching to Android, simply because Apples "gesture" system was glorious and buttons were "outdated".

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Agree does seem like Beta forever 😳and XDA is Mr Fixit!🙂🍻
True, numerous posts looking for a fix in Android 12, way too many. Even worse the bugs are all over board, every aspect of device functionality. In most instances since it's a new software structure no one has a clue how to resolve the defects. I haven't updated yet, still on Android 11 and the way things look now there's no sense in updating anytime soon.

Reactions: galaxys

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Been also using gestures since they were released, and even though I didn't quite like the first Android iteration, it's grown on me and I don't want to return to any sort of button layered menu, ever again.

Interesting anecdote: I had many conversations (before gestures became mainstream in the Android world) with friends that used IPhones, telling me that they would NOT consider switching to Android, simply because Apples "gesture" system was glorious and buttons were "outdated".

The fact that some people think its fancy and cool does not make it effective or useful.

San Diego

Jun 25, 2016
restart in safe mode
see if you can reproduce
most likely you have other apps that have draw over priveleges and there's a conflict
I wouldn't be blaming Google until everything else has been ruled out; I had this same issue but my phone was tricked out with MIUI, Bottom System/Status Bar, etc and it was too much . PHone couldn't figure out what I was doing as there were too many overlapping Draw Over zones. I cleared out a few apps and now works just fine.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
same here. No idea why people wouldnt use them,
They don't know them. Humans are simple creatures. What they don't know, they don't like, what they don't like, they don't want and what they don't want, they hate. It's the circle of life. Only very few can break out of it and make friends with foreign people.

Personally, I love the gesture system; it's intuitive, fast, reliable and just works (except, of course, the occasional Android 12 bug time, but that's just A12 being a bugfest, not the fault of the gesture system which worked beautifully with A11).

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

Guys, I have been watching the these threads in Pixel 6/6P fora for sometime and have also posted warnings about not posting off topic posts and being courteous to each other, inviting attention to Rule 2. Some posts of the users who posted here were also deleted as part of moderation. But I find that the language issue continues. Once again I request all the users to be courteous and civil to each other.

So far I have confined myself to mere thread cleaning but if this continues, I may be forced to address individual users calling out their specific posts and taking action.

I request you all to cooperate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

Guys, I have been watching the these threads in Pixel 6/6P fora for sometime and have also posted warnings about not posting off topic posts and being courteous to each other, inviting attention to Rule 2. Some posts of the users who posted here were also deleted as part of moderation. But I find that the language issue continues. Once again I request all the users to be courteous and civil to each other.

So far I have confined myself to mere thread cleaning but if this continues, I may be forced to address individual users calling out their specific posts and taking action.

I request you all to cooperate.
    Gestures work faultlessly in my experience
    Been using Gestures since Android 9. Never had an issue.
    Google 2021: Would you like keeping current bugs or update to fresh new ones?
    Google 2022: Would you keep beta testing P6P or beta test Pixel 7 Pro for $800 only?
    All I done was set a timer, now I don't have any toggles when I pull down notifications, just blank

Can't even restart my device like wtf, an update is neededView attachment 5466209 asap for this half baked phone.
    I tried setting several timers, several alarms and couldn't recreate the missing/empty toggles in the notification pull down.

Have you restored a backup?

I'm reading a lot that restored backups can cause a lot of weird issues.