• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Another ColorOS Camera Port [Last Update : Version K1&K2] [18/07/15]

Search This thread

infinityplus

Feb 3, 2015
Bangalore
Same issue, same rom

@infinityplus I'm using SlimSaber latest build.

just for my curiosity, what was the issue? I'm a newbie developer xD

Can any of you test this and let me know if it is working now?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lYhbWo3pojRVluaXdHVnBiS2M/view?usp=sharing

@jam90 a newbie developer here too :p the new app is calling out for a few resources which are missing in some roms.. i have replaced some code from an older version as a temporary workaround.. also ColorOS team merged 5.1.1 very recently and the camera app is highly unstable.. if the above file doesn't work then i will revert to a slightly older version of the app which is more stable

x.0ni.x

Oct 13, 2013
Pueblo
Can any of you test this and let me know if it is working now?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lYhbWo3pojRVluaXdHVnBiS2M/view?usp=sharing

@jam90 a newbie developer here too :p the new app is calling out for a few resources which are missing in some roms.. i have replaced some code from an older version as a temporary workaround.. also ColorOS team merged 5.1.1 very recently and the camera app is highly unstable.. if the above file doesn't work then i will revert to a slightly older version of the app which is more stable

Test apk works. No more forceclosing.

Reactions: gargeya_369

matssa

Jan 8, 2015
Guys in Video Quality what is the best choice? What Double means?
Double is twice the maximum quality. You won't see much difference, but the file size is about two times bigger. It's mostly used when you want to zoom in or do stuff with it.

Sigh alright.. will revert to a slightly older version since this version is too unstable.. expect a new test file in a few hours
Strange, I don't have all these errors, and I'm on CM12.1 nightlies... All I have is sometimes the screen goes black and I need to reboot to get the app working again.

Did you guys try with the find7 camera HAL or CM MODDED one?

Reactions: Crazy-Silver

infinityplus

Feb 3, 2015
Bangalore
Double is twice the maximum quality. You won't see much difference, but the file size is about two times bigger. It's mostly used when you want to zoom in or do stuff with it.

Strange, I don't have all these errors, and I'm on CM12.1 nightlies... All I have is sometimes the screen goes black and I need to reboot to get the app working again.

Did you guys try with the find7 camera HAL or CM MODDED one?
There seems to be other issues people have reported.. Like camera app fc when trying relaunch and some of the settings don't stick sometimed.. I feel its better to just get the app stable by reverting to an older version.. There are not much differences between the two.. The newer app was made specifically to work with ColorOS 2.1 so maybe that's why the issues

matssa

Jan 8, 2015
There seems to be other issues people have reported.. Like camera app fc when trying relaunch and some of the settings don't stick sometimed.. I feel its better to just get the app stable by reverting to an older version.. There are not much differences between the two.. The newer app was made specifically to work with ColorOS 2.1 so maybe that's why the issues

Meh, I was wainting for this new version ^^ Are you still gonna try to debug this out?

Crazy-Silver

Oct 21, 2011
Boscotrecase
For me the latest version is really stable. I'm on SlimSaber + AK (the some configuration of the guys that have problems as they said a few posts ago). I don't know if I'm lucky or if Find7 camera HAL is the solution. But before to say that it's bugged try, you or will have a fantastic camera app or the same problems as before. If you still have problems you can remove the HAL that you flashed by reflashing your rom.

matssa

Jan 8, 2015
For me the latest version is really stable. I'm on SlimSaber + AK (the some configuration of the guys that have problems as they said a few posts ago). I don't know if I'm lucky or if Find7 camera HAL is the solution. But before to say that it's bugged try, you or will have a fantastic camera app or the same problems as before. If you still have problems you can remove the HAL that you flashed by reflashing your rom.

Exactly. Maybe the issue is the need of the find7 camera HAL. With it, I don't really have a lot of issues, except the black screen... Other issues are either caused by the ROM (not really imo), either by the need of the find7 HAL (we can flash this at every ROM update, no big deal, plus no need to use CameraNext with this app imo), either by plugins (you already listed them, so people gotta read).

What I suggest is that you let users choose between the two (the older one, which is stable, and the new one, which needs tinkering). I really hope you will be able to continue the port of the new version, cause it's fresh air, and kinda need it ^^

Reactions: Crazy-Silver

MAX 94

Aug 22, 2011
Venezia

Here no problems with the normal version (i haven't tried the test apk), the app works great and has a really nice look now (it's very very smooth)! No FC's with STOCK COS12 (latest version) and Boeffla Kernel Beta 6 (i have not CM or Find 7 HAL installed), i've tried all plugins and all of them works normally. Thank you for your great work, one of the best app i've tried for me

MRL3GS

Oct 26, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Alright will fix this by tomorrow.. For now if you wish to revert to an older version you can use this flashable script to uninstall all the new plugins and app

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lYhbWo3pojTzJ2elJNMnpSVEk/edit?usp=docslist_api
I'm getting FC uploadfromtaptalk1435737438750.png

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts