• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Another ColorOS Camera Port [Last Update : Version K1&K2] [18/07/15]

Search This thread

jam90

May 18, 2013
Napoli
Whatsapp has its own camera. Unless you installed modified HAL, it has nothing to do with the port.
I have Just installed the modified hal from the bootmgr thread (the find7 and cm both), and with the find7, WhatsApp video was still in low resolution, while with the cmhal the camera was all black even if i open it normally...
Now what?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

11wallace11

Oct 17, 2012
POCO M3
I have Just installed the modified hal from the bootmgr thread (the find7 and cm both), and with the find7, WhatsApp video was still in low resolution, while with the cmhal the camera was all black even if i open it normally...
Now what?

Whatsapp compresses photos and videos very heavily. If you want to keep your captured photos and videos, capture them with this app and then use the share button to send it via Whatsapp.

jam90

May 18, 2013
Napoli
Whatsapp compresses photos and videos very heavily. If you want to keep your captured photos and videos, capture them with this app and then use the share button to send it via Whatsapp.
I switched to the bootmgr app, since I don't have this kind of problem with that. That's why I said that this is a bug, because with the bootmgr's camera I can record videos from WhatsApp with great quality..

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
Are you sarcastic? I can post prooves if you don't believe me

Maybe you wanted to say FOR whatsapp and not FROM whatsapp. I tried cameranext, this port and bootmgr's port - videos made in whatsapp are poop no matter what, because these apps has no effect on them. Also whatsapp camera works when you remove every other camera app, confirming that there is no external impact.

jam90

May 18, 2013
Napoli
Maybe you wanted to say FOR whatsapp and not FROM whatsapp. I tried cameranext, this port and bootmgr's port - videos made in whatsapp are poop no matter what, because these apps has no effect on them. Also whatsapp camera works when you remove every other camera app, confirming that there is no external impact.
When i tap on "video" FROM the app called WhatsApp, it (the app) ask to me which camera app want to use, cameranext or the oppo cam. If I choose camera next, it records with normal quality; if i choose oppocamera from infinityplus instead, it records with crap resolution.
I don't know why you are so against me, but I didn't say that this app is bad, I like so bad this app! I'm thankful to infinityplus, but since I use so much the record from WhatsApp (it's my choice) I have to switch to bootmgr's app.
Peace, and thanks to infinityplus

Reactions: davebugyi

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
When i tap on "video" FROM the app called WhatsApp, it (the app) ask to me which camera app want to use, cameranext or the oppo cam. If I choose camera next, it records with normal quality; if i choose oppocamera from infinityplus instead, it records with crap resolution.
I don't know why you are so against me, but I didn't say that this app is bad, I like so bad this app! I'm thankful to infinityplus, but since I use so much the record from WhatsApp (it's my choice) I have to switch to bootmgr's app.
Peace, and thanks to infinityplus

Finally I got what you said and I can confirm, that it defaults to 720p resolution and is badly compressed. I was not against you, but you said whatsapp quality can be different. However why on earth use it like this way? Why not use the built in function? I tested cameranext and it looked fine on my side, but after sending it was compressed from 6 MB to 1.9, so i do not see any point of it.

Last edited:

jam90

May 18, 2013
Napoli
Finally i got what you said and I can confirm, that it defaults to 720p resolution and is badly compressed. However why on earth use it like this way?
Because it's more comfortable, and i can do video long as i want because WhatsApp cuts it for me; instead if I record it before and then i post it via WhatsApp, I can send just a few part of the video because of the big dimension of it.

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
Because it's more comfortable, and i can do video long as i want because WhatsApp cuts it for me; instead if I record it before and then i post it via WhatsApp, I can send just a few part of the video because of the big dimension of it.

Of course it cuts it, since the limit per video file is 16 MB. So for longer videos the quailty is lost anyways.

Reactions: jam90

Top Liked Posts