• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Another fastboot loop

Search This thread

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
oh my, youre lucky gparted failed. the only thing that should touch something that deep is fastboot (IMHO). youre also lucky orfox works, i thought A11 wasnt supported yet. (i failed building something else a long time ago, got stuck in EDL ;P)

FTR full custom mods follow the sameish steps, like in our ROM subforum
backup
format data
reboot recovery
wipe dalvik, cache, data, system, vendor (maybe internal)
reboot recovery
install stuff

for gapps id rec something like bit, flame or nikgapps, but the just the core package. people here have been having issues with the larger packages.

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
oh my, youre lucky gparted failed. the only thing that should touch something that deep is fastboot (IMHO). youre also lucky orfox works, i thought A11 wasnt supported yet. (i failed building something else a long time ago, got stuck in EDL ;P)

FTR full custom mods follow the sameish steps, like in our ROM subforum
backup
format data
reboot recovery
wipe dalvik, cache, data, system, vendor (maybe internal)
reboot recovery
install stuff

for gapps id rec something like bit, flame or nikgapps, but the just the core package. people here have been having issues with the larger packages.
I wasn't home so sorry for the late answer. Everything is good now, I installed open gapps which gives me only play store and google search (I think). Now, I know this has nothing to do with the original topic but, as I said, I wasn't home. I was out with my friend and I wanted to show him what recovery I was using because he only knows of twrp. But when I booted up orange fox recovery there was an encryption screen showing me to enter a pin or a password. I tried my pin for the lock screen but it didn't work. After some tries, I put my phone in my pocket and some time passed. Some time passed and after I took a look on my phone it was unlocked somehow. Now I don't know how this happened and I don't know if it will happen again if I boot up recovery. Nonetheless, thanks!

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I wasn't home so sorry for the late answer. Everything is good now, I installed open gapps which gives me only play store and google search (I think). Now, I know this has nothing to do with the original topic but, as I said, I wasn't home. I was out with my friend and I wanted to show him what recovery I was using because he only knows of twrp. But when I booted up orange fox recovery there was an encryption screen showing me to enter a pin or a password. I tried my pin for the lock screen but it didn't work. After some tries, I put my phone in my pocket and some time passed. Some time passed and after I took a look on my phone it was unlocked somehow. Now I don't know how this happened and I don't know if it will happen again if I boot up recovery. Nonetheless, thanks!
It happens when you flash any no force encrypt zip. If you flashed that don't make a lock screen cause it soes some broken things.
I had the same issue on my redmi 7a.
Locked out of my phone till i went into system and removed the password keys manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    havoc was recently released officially on our phones, but no forum thread yet, only in telegram announcement

most of the time, we also need the custom vbmeta. try installing it to see if recovery works
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

upd sorry, didnt see the new replies saying you are currently stuck beyond the bootloop