Another way to root xt910

lanhoter

Oct 18, 2010
dont be afraid, in this tutorial, you dont need to know any chinese characters, just follow the instruction..

screenshot of my xt910. its 4.1.2 au not rooted

first, install root explorer in your device

then,download root master(chinese) in the computer

unpack it and install the file

then double click start to install

connect XT910 to the computer, and open the USB DEBUGGING mode,

just waiting your device reboot

download any Superuser from google play and open the Superuser, install the binary successfully ( this is the 1st time)
then

delete the root master in your computer

After the device reboot, find the icon below in the menu, it means root successfully

then go to root explorer System/app and delete the apk file

!!!THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

Just wait and dont reboot yet. go to the superuser app (download from the play store) and update the binary again ( this is the 2rd time)

And it will be successful.(although u have deleted the superuser(chinese version. if u havent reboot, the root will remain.)

Finish! Reboot the device and you will find the superuesr(downloaded from the google play) will take over the root.

You can find the uploaded pictures of new superuser at Post #8 in this thread

go to system/app delete some apk files you dont use. and enjoy more RAM

Attachments

Last edited:

ryankliber

Aug 13, 2011
Just a heads up, if you ever want to go back and upgrade stock it will fail until you replace the missing system apps.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

shenoy007

Oct 21, 2010
hi i try it on britain retail 4.1.2 eu but it doesnt work..i did all wat u show in thread..but in supersues it not updateing say it error in updating...why??

lanhoter

Oct 18, 2010
hi i try it on britain retail 4.1.2 eu but it doesnt work..i did all wat u show in thread..but in supersues it not updateing say it error in updating...why??

if u cannot grant root access
just connect XT910 to computer again, open USB debugging
open the root master,
root master will automatically check root again, if u see this pic blow, just open Superuser and install binary. it will be successful

Last edited:
Reactions: pascom75

demonshouter

Mar 18, 2012
Wonosobo
Im on eu jb and I succeded in rooting with this method. Superuser doesnt install on updating binary, I have root but no superuser permission now. I have deleted the superuser from the rooting tool. Just one problem with this situation, I cant Install BMM, it says Its requires root access, it doesnt install coz I I dont have my binary updated. I can delete some apps from system and change permission, but no bmm. have tried with superuser and supersu.no work. Maybe we dont need to deleted that superuser from the root.

edit: tried once more and done. I dont install the superuser (the one from the root) and install superuser from market. Open the superuser (from market) and update binary success. I have BMM now...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramdanih

lanhoter

Oct 18, 2010
Im on eu jb and I succeded in rooting with this method. Superuser doesnt install on updating bunary, I have root but no superuser permission now. I have deleted the superuser from the rooting tool.:D:D:D
SORRY,i just miss write these two steps.

first should open the superuser downloaded from google play and install the binary successfully
then delete superuser.apk file in system/app folder
and reboot the device,
the device will use the superuser downloaded from google play as root tool
i already changed...

i delete that bcz the superuser is chinese,cannot read..
i just wipe data/cache, and redo the steps again.
finally success.
sorry for all inconvenience

and tested can use BMM

Last edited:

demonshouter

Mar 18, 2012
Wonosobo
Doesnt work for me...after updating binary, delete the superuser from root and reboot, open the superuser and it requesting to update binary....but fail. Install the superuser from root again and binary update success....
It doesnt matter anyway...as long as I have root....and bmm.

Ndietya

tharpu

Aug 2, 2012
Doesnt work for me...after updating binary, delete the superuser from root and reboot, open the superuser and it requesting to update binary....but fail. Install the superuser from root again and binary update success....

Ndietya
You should try again overall process buddy. This method actually worked for me. At first,I opened superuser( not Chinese version) and clicked "update binary". Installation of binary failed(downloading is ok), then I clicked try again, then it worked like a charm.:silly:

Reactions: demonshouter

lanhoter

Oct 18, 2010

Ndietya
this bcz u just reconnect the device with computer without wipe data/cache
i wiped all. redo all the steps and grant root access.
the superuser(chinese version) is noisy,always take action with each step and cannot read..

Reactions: demonshouter

kougloff

Mar 12, 2011
Worked like charm :D
thanks a tons lanhoter
saved me from downloading the Sun Virtual Box, my download speed is so slow here

so, let's state the correct step for future reader reference:
1. download both file
-root explorer, put imto ur phone because u will use it in ur phone
-rootmaster.exe, install it on ur pc
2. install the rootmaster
3.tick the USB debuggin in the developer options
4.download super user from market dan update the binary
5.install BMM or SS, grant it the root access
5.delete the superuser.apk (the chinese one)
6.reboot, dan wipe cache

and you are good to go

Good day

Reactions: R3dbeaver

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Worked like charm :D
thanks a tons lanhoter
saved me from downloading the Sun Virtual Box, my download speed is so slow here

so, let's state the correct step for future reader reference:
1. download both file
-root explorer, put imto ur phone because u will use it in ur phone
-rootmaster.exe, install it on ur pc
2. install the rootmaster
3.tick the USB debuggin in the developer options
4.download super user from market dan update the binary
5.install BMM or SS, grant it the root access
5.delete the superuser.apk (the chinese one)
6.reboot, dan wipe cache

and you are good to go

Good day
worked like a charm.

although, since it's 1.5.2, the icons look a little different. and my superuser won't update it binaries. well, it seem like it does, but everytime i run the app it asks again.

so i deleted the apk and reboots. delete cache. we'll see what happened. (bmm works just fine though)

update: works ok. lol... i removed the chinese superusers with ES Root Explorer. and without rebooting, i try to update superusers and it errored out. one more reboot with another dalvik/cache wipe and it seems to be ok. but who cares, i got BMM. time to try the new 4.3 PA!!

Last edited:

shubdya4u

Feb 3, 2013
it doesnt work for me.i try to get access on root but crap :$
It does work, Please go through the steps properly............if you think you have done it properly............Then please do describe your steps sequentially so that we can assist you in doing the rooting properly..........