• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Answer a question, then ask one!

Search This thread

husam666

Feb 6, 2010
Planet Omicron Persei 8
I recommend the Google Pixel 5, just got it myself and I'm satisfied.

For how long do you keep a phone approx.?
Until it's almost dead, 3 years usually. My phone reached end of support. I don't want to get a new one, but Nokia's bootloader unlock site has been down for a couple of months now and I can't unlock it.
SD card and headphone jack are important to me, pixel is not an option.

What's the longest period you had a device?

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
naw. wasnt even awake.

what's the best car you ever owned? (if youve owned one)

here?

andres_vacal

Dec 2, 2020
Bogotá, Colombia
naw. wasnt even awake.

what's the best car you ever owned? (if youve owned one)

here?
Ford Ecosport 2014 Titanium ( the only car i've owned)

What feature do you miss from old Android versions?

TravisBean

Sep 18, 2009
Digital Domain
Ford Ecosport 2014 Titanium ( the only car i've owned)

What feature do you miss from old Android versions?
I don't know if it's exactly an Android feature, but I really liked the Sony interface on my older Z Ultra and even older Sony Ion than on my newer LG v40 thin Q.

If you don't do much gaming is it really worth the additional cost to get a dedicated GPU in a mid to upper range laptop? Will the dedicated GPU make much of a difference for video editing and other computational tasks?

( By the way, @ husam666, the LG Velvet has an excellent form factor- highly recommend it. I wish I had got the Velvet instead of the V40 ThinQ)

Last edited:

Mazen_2016

Jan 11, 2021
I don't know if it's exactly an Android feature, but I really liked the Sony interface on my older Z Ultra and even older Sony Ion than on my newer LG v40 thin Q.

If you don't do much gaming is it really worth the additional cost to get a dedicated GPU in a mid to upper range laptop? Will the dedicated GPU make much of a difference for video editing and other computational tasks?

( By the way, @ husam666, the LG Velvet has an excellent form factor- highly recommend it. I wish I had got the Velvet instead of the V40 ThinQ)
Would it make a much difference ? I don't really know , depends on what gpu you are getting , but is it worth it ? Probably not , i would recommend waiting a bit and then make a build of what you are going to do the most ( gaming or editing )

- how old are you ?

Top Liked Posts