“Answered but not Perfected” Getting the Droid 2 Global to work on USA GSM

What network will you use your Droid 2 Global with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

terrapins56

Dec 4, 2010
San Diego
for the short time I used the droid 2 gloabal, I did notice that it got warm. Can someone confirm this problem?? how much of a problem is this?? is heating a big issue with this phone? there was a case of a droid 2 exploding on someone's face.

ram130

Mar 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.everythinglegit.com
for the short time I used the droid 2 gloabal, I did notice that it got warm. Can someone confirm this problem?? how much of a problem is this?? is heating a big issue with this phone? there was a case of a droid 2 exploding on someone's face.
Its getting annoying. There is even a thread on it here:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/41159?tstart=0

I've been using the phone for a hour now and its at 109 F

snap20101206021917.png

Right now the back is hot as hell..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA App

DONNY TRUMP

Oct 27, 2010
Your moms house?
If you're phone's too hot try dimming your screens brightness. That might help who knows. Anyway, I wish someone who's capable would figure out the SIMtuation :)cool:) i know, Both of these phones suck lol I just wanna resell them for more $$$$. There's no way i would give up my Dinc for these pieces of garbage. I guess they're cool if you're on att or tmobile but if you're on verizon ughh why would you want this. I understand everyones argument about the keyboard blah blah blah, but if you use the swiftkey keyboard OMG you'll never want a physical keyboard again I promise u that. With that said HURRY UP AND FIND A SOLUTION!!! lol I need to get at least $600 for my D2G and my Droid Pro on ebay.......

ram130

Mar 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.everythinglegit.com
If you're phone's too hot try dimming your screens brightness. That might help who knows. Anyway, I wish someone who's capable would figure out the SIMtuation :)cool:) i know, Both of these phones suck lol I just wanna resell them for more $$$$. There's no way i would give up my Dinc for these pieces of garbage. I guess they're cool if you're on att or tmobile but if you're on verizon ughh why would you want this. I understand everyones argument about the keyboard blah blah blah, but if you use the swiftkey keyboard OMG you'll never want a physical keyboard again I promise u that. With that said HURRY UP AND FIND A SOLUTION!!! lol I need to get at least $600 for my D2G and my Droid Pro on ebay.......

lol the screen brightness is on the lowest level ..dwl..ntn is wrong with this phone..for me I just wanted to switch it up again..coming from the Nexus One and Vibrant..

nopain9nogain

Apr 9, 2010
Why dont anybody go for the milestone 2 instead ? this D2G and MS 2 have the same CPU, they just over clock the D2G to 1.2. So what's the big deal to have more extra 0.2 Ghz when having a headache to unlock it and now, heat problem ? The only thing i love the D2G is the white color. Btw some D2G user told me that the MS 2 is faster than the D2G coz most the time D2G just runs at 300 Mhz speed it would chage to 1.2 when it needed but It would take a little time to change and there would be a delay.

terrapins56

Dec 4, 2010
San Diego
i give up

i checked out the desire z and it's in fact better than the d2g in terms of keyboard. the heating issues with the d2g and the battery life is shorter than the desire z. plus it is locked against all USA gsm networks. With all those reasons, I have given up on the D2G and decided to go with the desire z. if you're stuck on this phone and are trying to get it for at&t or t-mobile think about the desire z. good luck.

ram130

Mar 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.everythinglegit.com
i checked out the desire z and it's in fact better than the d2g in terms of keyboard. the heating issues with the d2g and the battery life is shorter than the desire z. plus it is locked against all USA gsm networks. With all those reasons, I have given up on the D2G and decided to go with the desire z. if you're stuck on this phone and are trying to get it for at&t or t-mobile think about the desire z. good luck.

Why dont anybody go for the milestone 2 instead ? this D2G and MS 2 have the same CPU, they just over clock the D2G to 1.2. So what's the big deal to have more extra 0.2 Ghz when having a headache to unlock it and now, heat problem ? The only thing i love the D2G is the white color. Btw some D2G user told me that the MS 2 is faster than the D2G coz most the time D2G just runs at 300 Mhz speed it would chage to 1.2 when it needed but It would take a little time to change and there would be a delay.

+1 !!! That is the current solution my friends. Some of you are still within your return period, I highly recommend it. The HEATING issues are enough for me! I've done my research and motorola tried but they don't know the cause.

Long story short. Wirefly is exchanging it for a DX which will be here tomorrow(free over night) and my account will be credited the difference. I got to say if your gonna sign on the dotted line..Wirefly is the way to go.

Anyway guys I wish you all luck..it was nice to me you. :cool:

lsxrx7

Feb 24, 2010
stupid moto
why they lock it down so much

they would sell so many more if they make the unlocking process easier

heck
i would have already gotten one

kicker22004

Mar 28, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
looks like i'll be following this forum very close. I just sold my DX for 125 for this D2G thinking i could use it.....<<<Damn you VZW+MOTO>>> now i'm stuck with it.Don't get me wrong i love the phone but i need to beable to use att towers here in us.

ram130

Mar 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.everythinglegit.com
looks like i'll be following this forum very close. I just sold my DX for 125 for this D2G thinking i could use it.....<<<Damn you VZW+MOTO>>> now i'm stuck with it.Don't get me wrong i love the phone but i need to beable to use att towers here in us.

That was the only reason you sold you DX? I have both phones in my room right now (using the DX to reply ) wondering which to return..help me out here.

vladzko

Sep 28, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Ehh, them vzw and moto bastards

i currently have a d2g, desperatelly need hack/solution to use with my att.
willing to pitch in if development takes us to the successful solution!!!
Oi, who wants a beer??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's too bad that a certain group decided to be greedy on this. I can understand charging that much if there was a guarantee of it working, but the secret should have been released for free with a disclaimer that they weren't responsible if you messed up your phone. I would even be happy to pay the $3 that they charge for their app in order to get access to the necessary files (which I find kind of off-putting, as well, since it kind of forces a donation, in a way).

Hopefully we'll see a free leak at some point, so those that are willing to take the risks themselves are free to do so.