Ant+ Radio Support broken after Android 11 Update

Search This thread

mhanbury

Dec 3, 2004
Looks like the Ant+ Radio support is broken in the Android 11 update. Anyone know how to fix it?
The permissions options for the Ant+ radio is now greyed out and the Android Settings Permissions Manager -> Additional permissions doesn't list use Ant hardware after the Android 11 update. I've also tried with adb shell to grant the com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO permission but this fails with no permission.

I suspect they've not included the following within system for the Android 11 build:
1. ANT HAL Service apk
2. ant radio library xml
3. ant radio library jar.
4. libantradio.so

Last edited:

kennygwood

Jan 7, 2016
Hi, I've just acquired an S20 FE using stock Android 11. No ant + for me either. I have both Ant+ services installed. Do you have any update on this? Cheers

mhanbury

Dec 3, 2004
No nothing yet unfortunately. I've tried to reach out to Xiaomi via their support email, and also added the above details into an existing thread on Android 11 bugs on the MI A3 community. I tried to submit a bug via the Feedback in settings but that just hangs... Also emailed the this is ANT+ Community and they have said the likely fault is the missing ANT+ Hal in your Android 11 update.

kennygwood

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks for your reply. It's really frustrating that this connectivity can be overlooked. It's one big reason that I use Android. I've tweeted Google, xda developers and Samsung Mobile about it. #whereshal #brokenantplus

raviabram

Mar 10, 2021
What's interesting.... I'm using external ant+ usb dongle (AliExpress: Cyclops ant+ via Samsung USB-C to USB adapter, this small stick added to your phone to transfer data from old phone) and it's working well. When I first time connected the ANT+ dongle to Samsung S20 FE it asked me to grant the acces to ant+ service software.
But remember: first you need to install ANT+ software from play store:
- ANT+ usb service
- ANT+ plugins service
- ANT+ Radio service...
because they are not installed natively with Android 11..
Those are official softwares form ANT+ company...

ravi

kennygwood

Jan 7, 2016
What's interesting.... I'm using external ant+ usb dongle (AliExpress: Cyclops ant+ via Samsung USB-C to USB adapter, this small stick added to your phone to transfer data from old phone) and it's working well. When I first time connected the ANT+ dongle to Samsung S20 FE it asked me to grant the acces to ant+ service software.
- ANT+ usb service
- ANT+ plugins service
- ANT+ Radio service...

ravi
Yeah, I installed all those services prior to trying to make Ant+ work. An external device is the only solution . They have dumbed down several of these new phone models. Disappointing :-/

vilbergo

Mar 21, 2021
I registered to reply to this thread, since it put me on the right track. I've got a MiPad4 that I installed LineageOS18 on. I was unable to get ANT to work until I did the following. Just dont run adb shell in the same command as the permission grant. The ant tester now returns all greens and I'll test it on my trainer tomorrow.

Code:
adb shell
pm grant com.dsi.ant.service.socket com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO

Edit: It seems I have to run this command every time I want the test to pass, then it promptly fails again. Doesn't look like a permanent fix. Maybe something I can build on to sort this out.

r4ndomize

Jun 21, 2021
Is there any solution to this issue?
I've updated my Redmi Note 9 Pro to Android 11 and now ANT+ is no longer working, as described in posts above.
Worked 100% fine in the previous OS iterations based on Android 10. Somewhat annoying, I used it for my Polar H10, not that big of an issue since I still have 2 BLE connections, yet it's still unusual to lose previously working features.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
After Reading all post... I think the only solution is contact xiaomi. Seems an android 11 stock missing function. Before a major update is important evalueting all. In particular some functions like Ant... that are important only for few users.... Maybe you cant try conversion to cce9 and install miui .. but i'm not sure. Good luck

ataman76

Sep 1, 2010
- ANT+ usb service
- ANT+ plugins service
- ANT+ Radio service...

ravi
What applications do you use with this sensor, because for me strava v.90 closes on android 11 and newer versions do not support ant +

Khaderaque

Apr 22, 2015
Hello! Any news regarding this issue? Has anyone figured out how to enable ant+?
Does any of the several custom roms have ant+ enabled?
Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No nothing yet unfortunately. I've tried to reach out to Xiaomi via their support email, and also added the above details into an existing thread on Android 11 bugs on the MI A3 community. I tried to submit a bug via the Feedback in settings but that just hangs... Also emailed the this is ANT+ Community and they have said the likely fault is the missing ANT+ Hal in your Android 11 update.
    I registered to reply to this thread, since it put me on the right track. I've got a MiPad4 that I installed LineageOS18 on. I was unable to get ANT to work until I did the following. Just dont run adb shell in the same command as the permission grant. The ant tester now returns all greens and I'll test it on my trainer tomorrow.

Code:
    adb shell
    pm grant com.dsi.ant.service.socket com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO

Edit: It seems I have to run this command every time I want the test to pass, then it promptly fails again. Doesn't look like a permanent fix. Maybe something I can build on to sort this out.