• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question ANT+ support missing?!

Search This thread

catastrat

Nov 24, 2009
Bucharest
Hello,
I just received my new S21+ and transferred all data and applications to it. All good, but when I tried to start ANT+ connectivity... to my dismalness, I noticed that support seems to be missing:
ANT Tester reports that built-in ANT was NOT detected, so it's missing built-in firmware or ANT HAL service (!!!) And yes, I do have installed ANT Radio service and ANT+ plugins.
Anyone else can see that? This is a complete deal braker for me, as I use my phone often to connect to cycling sensors.

Attachments

• ANT Tester.jpg
    ANT Tester.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 90

QAM

Jun 3, 2008
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hola
You are not alone. Sammy removed Ant+ support on the S21 series. I am into home cycling as well and I am now forced to change a few of my monitors to Bluetooth. Luckily my Tacx smart trainer supports Bluetooth and Ant+, if that wasn't the case I too would have been mad.

It took me a while to find out about this as it is not clearly articulated online about this missing feature.

Reactions: catastrat

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Damn, that's pretty disappointing. Yes, I have sensors with Bluetooth support, but it's finicky when I switch between PC (for Zwift) BT and my phone BT. It works better when I'm able to use PC BT and phone ANT+. Oh well.

kennygwood

Jan 7, 2016
Hello,
I just received my new S21+ and transferred all data and applications to it. All good, but when I tried to start ANT+ connectivity... to my dismalness, I noticed that support seems to be missing:
ANT Tester reports that built-in ANT was NOT detected, so it's missing built-in firmware or ANT HAL service (!!!) And yes, I do have installed ANT Radio service and ANT+ plugins.
Anyone else can see that? This is a complete deal braker for me, as I use my phone often to connect to cycling sensors.

Hi

I have an S20 FE and there's no ANT + here either.
From what I've read because there is no HAL service.
however the phone is listed on the ANT website as being compatible.
I've tweeted and messaged Samsung , Google and Android developers but had no reply.
Same as you I use my phone with Cycling apps so it's really annoying.

jbroussia

Dec 16, 2010
You *should* be able to use your Ant+ devices *IF* you plug an OTG USB dongle into your phone, and then plug an Ant+ dongle in it.
I used to use my Poco F1 for my rides outdoor, with my Ant+ devices (powemeter, cadence, HR monitor) when it was under Android 8.x. Since I upgraded it to Android 9.x, then Android 10.x, Ant+ is not enabled anymore. The trick with OTG/Ant+, works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hola
    You are not alone. Sammy removed Ant+ support on the S21 series. I am into home cycling as well and I am now forced to change a few of my monitors to Bluetooth. Luckily my Tacx smart trainer supports Bluetooth and Ant+, if that wasn't the case I too would have been mad.

It took me a while to find out about this as it is not clearly articulated online about this missing feature.