• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

any advice?

Search This thread

McQueefus

Jul 27, 2010
I bought my note 7 out right at Walmart. The first recall happened and Walmart said I had to go through at&t to get it replaced. At&t replaced it on Sept 20 so the replaced phone has a different imei than the original. I went to return it for a refund at at&t after the second recall and they said I had to go to Walmart to get my money back. I paid out of pocket for this device and now they say all I can do is exchange it for a different device. I would have kept the note 7 had it not been recalled. I don't want an exchange because I have a nexus 6p. What can I do to get my money back?

McQueefus

Jul 27, 2010
Update: I called at&t again and spoke to a supervisor. I guess I am gonna have to go through Samsung to get the refund. At&t will only do an exchange. I knew at&t's customer service is crap but I would think that after all the headache of both recalls and the fact that this could lead to a potentially fatal safety issue that they would have done the refund without the further hassle. Samsung screwed up but between Samsung, Walmart and at&t, Samsung was the only one that did the right thing.

nuclearrage

Dec 2, 2011
Douglas
I am surprised Walmart wouldn't refund the money. People seem to return all sorts of crap for money there. This is the kinda stuff that will drive customers away. Maybe your local eyeball news investigation would love to do a story on big bad Walmart refusing to refund the great digital hand grenade....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: burrzoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am surprised Walmart wouldn't refund the money. People seem to return all sorts of crap for money there. This is the kinda stuff that will drive customers away. Maybe your local eyeball news investigation would love to do a story on big bad Walmart refusing to refund the great digital hand grenade....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using XDA-Developers mobile app