Any batteries available for ZF2 with higher capacity?

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
That would be great! Not just from ASUS but even from a 3rd party vendor.
This does QuickCharge 2.0 in AND out: http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Certified-Aukey-10400mAh-Supported/dp/B00UBDI7EC

It's pretty compact too. I use a lot of Aukey products; at first I thought they were a knockoff Anker but they're just as good.

There's also this one with the same capacity, but it's longer and has two ports and an LED flashlight. So it's basically same capacity, but do you want portability or flexibility.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011U0AY22?psc=1

So it should charge your battery as fast as the ASUS charger.

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
This does QuickCharge 2.0 in AND out: http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Certified-Aukey-10400mAh-Supported/dp/B00UBDI7EC

It's pretty compact too. I use a lot of Aukey products; at first I thought they were a knockoff Anker but they're just as good.

There's also this one with the same capacity, but it's longer and has two ports and an LED flashlight. So it's basically same capacity, but do you want portability or flexibility.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011U0AY22?psc=1

So it should charge your battery as fast as the ASUS charger.
I am sorry if I cause any confusion, but I meant batteries that go into the phone not power banks like the ones you linked.

Sammaul

Aug 16, 2014
Changing the battery on this phone is a fairly simple process, especially if you have fixed a phone before. The toughest part is the glue, but a little heat goes a long way. Just fixed the screen and changed the battery on a Mate 2, and I think that's a little more complex than the ZenFone 2. The biggest challenge would be finding a higher capacity battery that the firmware would recognize.....and that would fit.

Last edited:

Techronico

Mar 1, 2009
Santa Clara
Changing the battery on this phone is a fairly simple process, especially if you have fixed a phone before. The toughest part is the glue, but a little heat goes a long way. Just fixed the screen and changed the battery on a Mate 2, and I think that's a little more complex than the ZenFone 2. The biggest challenge would be finding a higher capacity battery that the firmware would recognize.....and that would fit.

The only company that I think would make an extended battery for this is ZeroLemon. They are the only ones I've seen to use creative shapes to take advantage of extra room in the Z dimension. The only thing that would stop them from taking it on is plain economics. They would have to see that this phone is not only popular enough, but also enough nerds like us to justify dumping resources into R&D for it.

garramdq

Oct 27, 2011
Help

Hello, first and most important: "Sorry for my english", anyone knows where to buy the batery C1191424 in case of be necesary?.
Thanks!!!

bart1281

Oct 9, 2015
hello all,
was wondering since, zenfone max has the same dimensions as ZF2 would it be possible to port the 5000 mah battery on to ZF2.

Thnx

marcof93

Mar 18, 2012
Foggia, Italy
Guys, I had never see replacement battery for non-removable battery products..you can wish for battery-covers but I don't get the point, the phone in already very big and heavy (170 grams are already a lot), if you increase battery (and it's not possible in the original case, maybe only Mugen is able to do this, but I don't think they will produce a battery for a non-removable product) it will will become a brick and you can use it to build your new house :D Seriously, I think it's better to buy a powerbank (I use the Xiaomi 10400 and it's great). Asus won't release a new battery for this phone, removing the original battery you will void warranty. For me, no chances.

notdeathproof

Oct 10, 2015
I am considering the zenfone 2 as an option for my next phone. Thing is, i dont like the idea to have after 2-3 Years get rid of the phone because the battery is gone.
I searched the web and didnt find a original or third party replacement battery.
Is that possible? Any Ideass guys?

marcof93

Mar 18, 2012
Foggia, Italy

cbstryker

Jul 31, 2008
Doesn't matter if you see the point or think the phone is already too big. I want a battery case much like the ZeroLemon case for the Galaxy Note series. I dont care how big or bulky my phone is, I have huge hands and I would prefer to have a phone that lasts two days instead of one that looks pretty.

tough cookie

Oct 21, 2015
I myself have looked for either a bigger battery, or a case, and have found nothing...
Unfortunately the only solution would be to carry a power bank of some sort. I guess the phone isn't that popular .

:(

gipikay

Feb 16, 2012
Montevideo
Hello, first and most important: "Sorry for my english", anyone knows where to buy the batery C1191424 in case of be necesary?.
Thanks!!!
I purchased mine in AsusParts, took 2-3 weeks cause it ships from Asia to Europe and then to your country, installed and everything works fine ATM.

Before, I tried at AliExpress but they sent the wrong battery, I think Zenfone 5 has the same battery with a different connector (check my thread about screen replacement in Q&A section for more info)