• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

any body got a copy of the new OTA rooted to odin?

Search This thread

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
just wondering if anyone has managed to grab a copy of the new OTA so it can be rooted and odin'd

also wondering if the new rom is wacking the tethering apps (foxfi ect)

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
First of all, I really respect you, just downloaded the update for my wife's phone from your post on wiki since she is fully stock.

I am running EP4P, and I would bet there are probably plenty who still are also. all i want is an upgrade path that is quick, rather than having to increase my chances of something going wrong.

additionally, all i want is root, not debloat or deodex (i don't theme)

right now i have to flash to ep4d, then do the update, then reflash and all of the flashes are deodexed, and i'm concerned there won't be enough space deodexed.

sorry to have asked and again, Please accept my expression of respect for all you have done for the charge!

charlie_c

Aug 11, 2011
First of all, I really respect you, just downloaded the update for my wife's phone from your post on wiki since she is fully stock.

I am running EP4P, and I would bet there are probably plenty who still are also. all i want is an upgrade path that is quick, rather than having to increase my chances of something going wrong.

additionally, all i want is root, not debloat or deodex (i don't theme)

right now i have to flash to ep4d, then do the update, then reflash and all of the flashes are deodexed, and i'm concerned there won't be enough space deodexed.

sorry to have asked and again, Please accept my expression of respect for all you have done for the charge!

There's already an upgrade path to get stock, bloated FP1 rooted that isn't that hard (3 steps basically). If you don't like any of the options here and you don't want to mess with going back to EP4D and going through the update and root process...I guess just wait and see if the combination you're looking for is released at some point. I think there's more interest by users and developers in applying the update to the current ROMs and themes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome development going on here :rolleyes:

Honestly, people likely have it (like myself), but what is the point of posting it when what people really want are custom ROMs? I'm not posting a partial Odin package as it will just confuse people.