Any chance of making athena usable as a handset?

Search This thread

raskell

Mar 21, 2007
Massillon Ohio
I have been using the LG Style-i. Yes, it is another device to keep charged up, but the battery time is several days with modest use. The sound and volume quality are very good. I had an interferrence problem while using the Style-i near an active 2.4 GHz cordless phone, it totally garbled the call. The LED screen is difficult to read in bright outdoor light. Overall it is much more desriable than using the Athena as a speakerphone. I would not ever consider holding the phone up to the side of my head.:) I also have a Jawbone but wearing the earpiece full time isn't acceptable in business and fumbling with it when a call comes in problematic. Picking up the LG is simple and quick by comparison.

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
I have been using the LG Style-i. Yes, it is another device to keep charged up, but the battery time is several days with modest use. The sound and volume quality are very good. I had an interferrence problem while using the Style-i near an active 2.4 GHz cordless phone, it totally garbled the call. The LED screen is difficult to read in bright outdoor light. Overall it is much more desriable than using the Athena as a speakerphone. I would not ever consider holding the phone up to the side of my head.:) I also have a Jawbone but wearing the earpiece full time isn't acceptable in business and fumbling with it when a call comes in problematic. Picking up the LG is simple and quick by comparison.

I've been itching to buy a new toy for my phone. I think I'm going to order one. :)

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA

thetruth1983

May 19, 2006
Galveston
Athena

I have an "LG style" too and it works pretty good. Another good alternative is the "Motorola Bluetooth Stereo S705 SoundPilot". It works with caller I.D. out of the box and also has controls for mp3 playback. It does not have a dial pad but you can use it for voice calling. I use it in the car because it has a 3mm jack but if I could find a very tiny speaker with a 3.mm plug, this could easily be used as a 'mini phone'!

jimmunsw

Apr 21, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Athena usable as a normal handset

To all Athena owners ,
if anyone out there wants to use your athena as a regular handset without disturbing other with it's loudspeaker , you may try sticking a thick black double sided tape to the left side of athena's speaker and also stick half the tape for the right side of your athena's speaker covering only three hole lines instead of five lines , then you adjust the phone, pda and while speaking volume , adjust it to your required volume according to the enviroment you are in , also when you speak try to adjust the distance between your athena and your mouth . i hope this may help for some of you athena owners , cheers :)

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
The REAL problem is the low quality of speakerphone call.
Really poor in noisy environments, people from other side hear "fragmented" voice.
N oway to use ATHENA without BT (or wired) headset in real life