Question Any country selling 12GB/512GB apart from CN ?

Search This thread

phez

Sep 21, 2007
Hey XDA, I just tested Moto Edge S30 Fusion in Australia (aka Moto S30 Pro) and really like the phone as it is the right size and dual sim functionality that I need. Unfortuantely it is only 128GB storage which is frustrating since the S30 Pro in China gets 512GB (and is actually cheaper to buy vs the 128GB in Australia!)

I saw a post Converting the x30 Pro (CN) to Edge Ultra (EU). Has anyone considered doing the same? Main concerns is loosing Google Pay and stock functionality by unlocking bootloader and it being detected by apps.

If we could buy Edge S30 Fusion with 256GB or 512GB in non-CN country it would be perfect !

phez

Sep 21, 2007
If anyone is interested here are then links to Australian retailers:

also review:

ijuanp03

Mar 26, 2010
Can't you just order from AliExpress, they install global rom themselves.

A big NO in changing from CN RM to Global ROM.
Why? BECAUSE OF MOTOROLA'S TIGHT SECURITY

1. You can NEVER software update over the air. Yes, this is NEVER. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. You can NEVER re-lock your bootloader.
3. There will be a nasty WARNING MESSAGE ("Your bootloader is unlocked blah blah) everytime you restart your phone.

Why do you need to convert to global ROM when in fact, CN ROM OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES.

How do I know? I own the X30 Pro.
You just need to toggle from Settings (see attachment as proof).

Pls don't make your life complicated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020-144254.png
    Screenshot_20221020-144254.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 49

todortk

May 7, 2011
Well, I don't think that the additional internal storage is worth it. I have a 256GB E30 Ultra and I just bought a 1TB sandisk microsd card and a usb-c reader. Transfer speed is nearly 100MB/s and I put the reader on my keychain so it is always with me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't you just order from AliExpress, they install global rom themselves.

A big NO in changing from CN RM to Global ROM.
    Why? BECAUSE OF MOTOROLA'S TIGHT SECURITY

1. You can NEVER software update over the air. Yes, this is NEVER. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    2. You can NEVER re-lock your bootloader.
    3. There will be a nasty WARNING MESSAGE ("Your bootloader is unlocked blah blah) everytime you restart your phone.

Why do you need to convert to global ROM when in fact, CN ROM OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES.

How do I know? I own the X30 Pro.
    You just need to toggle from Settings (see attachment as proof).

Pls don't make your life complicated.