Question Any custom recovery?

Search This thread

YM2149

why do you think that camellia is compatible with camellian ? Xiaomi doesn't release kernel for camellian yet. Camellia has drivers for Redmi note 10 and it's not Redmi note 10 5G(or poco m3 pro). They have different chipset, display, gpu, so it's expected that something went wrong

Last edited:

villapark75

Apr 10, 2011
I've flashed TWRP and it boots to Twrp splash screen and then nothing happens.

Has anyone had any luck yet?

I waited a few minutes, but might try again and give it a bit more time to see if it loads properly.

Don't follow any guide telling you to "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" on this device

TerryCaswell

Jan 8, 2010
I've flashed TWRP and it boots to Twrp splash screen and then nothing happens.

Has anyone had any luck yet?

I waited a few minutes, but might try again and give it a bit more time to see if it loads properly.

Don't follow any guide telling you to "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" on this device
Any link to a guide that details the correct fastboot command? This has been driving me mad...

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
fastboot flash boot twrp.img (no flash recovery). this flash custom recovery into current boot partition. this is very important. into the forum you can find a detailed guide. but Simply. Power off phone. connect phone ro pc into fastboot. digit the command fastboot flash boot and after THE EXACTLY NAME OF CUSTOM RECOVERY ISO FILE (for semplicity before flashing you can tename the file ro twrp.img). after flashing boot into recovery. wipe data from recovery or system don't boot. reboot system from recovery. ps: in my opionion rooting redmi note 5g is useless. only unlock bootloader is helpfull for flash gai cuatom rom or for change firmware region. and to do this tools like miflash or xiaomi mi tools v2 are all what you need

Last edited:

villapark75

Apr 10, 2011
As @wetito said

fastboot flash boot twrp.img

Then after reboot power and vol+ to enter TWRP

**Have your current boot.img ready to flash if TWRP doesn't load**

TerryCaswell

Jan 8, 2010
Well, that all went well - not! I followed all the instructions above and typed fastboot flash boot twrp.img using @TheMalachite's unofficial twrp image, rebooted to recovery, and am now stuck in what I think is referred as a boot loop. I tried to use xiaomi mi tools v2 to flash a stock image, but that errors out. I can get back into fastboot, but am at a loss as to what to do next. Words of wisdom much appreciated.

villapark75

Apr 10, 2011
Well, that all went well - not! I followed all the instructions above and typed fastboot flash boot twrp.img using @TheMalachite's unofficial twrp image, rebooted to recovery, and am now stuck in what I think is referred as a boot loop. I tried to use xiaomi mi tools v2 to flash a stock image, but that errors out. I can get back into fastboot, but am at a loss as to what to do next. Words of wisdom much appreciated.
My post above....flash boot.img

Fastboot flash boot boot.img

Last edited:

villapark75

Apr 10, 2011
What happens when we flash TWRP is we are writing (replacing) our boot.img with TWRP

If you want to boot to TWRP hold Power and Vol+

Then to go back you need to replace TWRP with the boot.img it overwrote. Grab a boot.img from 1st post if you lost yours.

Try the magisk 1 1st

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Well, that all went well - not! I followed all the instructions above and typed fastboot flash boot twrp.img using @TheMalachite's unofficial twrp image, rebooted to recovery, and am now stuck in what I think is referred as a boot loop. I tried to use xiaomi mi tools v2 to flash a stock image, but that errors out. I can get back into fastboot, but am at a loss as to what to do next. Words of wisdom much] maybe i don 't understand... But if you boot on twrp... It's normale! now flash fron twrp the twrp zip. But you fron PC, because touchscreen didn't work. After this wipe data. And reboot to system. But if tour phone didn't go into fastboot mode. You have a big problem. You have damaged the bootloader. But if tour phone boot into recoveey, i'm sure you can also enter into fastboot. And fron fastboot you can flash stock boot

Top Liked Posts