• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question any custom recovery

Search This thread

dangr98

Apr 28, 2018
Moto G30
hello friends
can you give me recommendations for a custom recovery
I have seen in this forum that TWRP is not yet available for the motorola Moto G30.

Chron0s

Mar 18, 2014
Moto G
Moto G 2015
It's essentially a modified cebu (G9 Power) for which a TWRP exists. It's Android 11 being the release OS that's blocking recovery development.

• Sad
Reactions: jan6

Chron0s

Mar 18, 2014
Moto G
Moto G 2015
I had the same issue attempting a GSI overlay; without the framework "glue" the kernel sources are pretty useless. I'm sure we'll get to grips with Android 11 devices eventually, hopefully in time for Lenotorola abandoning us on the obsolete pile.

On that note, it may be worth delaying the "ooh shiny" moment when 12 is released for this device. You can always apply an existing upgrade if needed but manufacturers have a habit of making backtracking, particularly RIL and bootloader, incredibly and unnecessarily difficult.

Reactions: jan6

Kuntitled

Feb 21, 2019
Moto G6 Play
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Do you know why it doesn't let me modify the "Build.prop" file in some way?
If you're rooted, if you need a file browser that allows you to mount "read/write" on that directory. I heavily reccommend against doing that if you don't know what you're doing.

And since you didn't already know that you had to mount Read/Write, i assume you don't know what you're doing. Don't mess with it.

Sammm77

Nov 14, 2021
If you're rooted, if you need a file browser that allows you to mount "read/write" on that directory. I heavily reccommend against doing that if you don't know what you're doing.

And since you didn't already know that you had to mount Read/Write, i assume you don't know what you're doing. Don't mess with it.
Ah thank you, I was trying to modify "buiild.prop" from the App called "Build.prop Editor".

Sammm77

Nov 14, 2021

Anyway thanks, I already let me modify "Build.prop"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok weirdly the files that need to be extracted arent being extracted but i have found the kernel source code for caprip https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/releases/tag/MMI-RRCS31.Q1-3-34-1-4
    I had the same issue attempting a GSI overlay; without the framework "glue" the kernel sources are pretty useless. I'm sure we'll get to grips with Android 11 devices eventually, hopefully in time for Lenotorola abandoning us on the obsolete pile.

On that note, it may be worth delaying the "ooh shiny" moment when 12 is released for this device. You can always apply an existing upgrade if needed but manufacturers have a habit of making backtracking, particularly RIL and bootloader, incredibly and unnecessarily difficult.
    ok weirdly the files that need to be extracted arent being extracted but i have found the kernel source code for caprip https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/releases/tag/MMI-RRCS31.Q1-3-34-1-4