Question Any custom rom available for Samsung A02s (SM-A025F/DS))?

Search This thread

Panspermia98

Apr 12, 2017
Works fine for me. Did you flash the right image?
Thanks for your answer, It's this versión lineage_a64_bgN, and has preinstalled gapps (in system info: Phh Treble with Gapps). ¿Do I need to flash BitsGapps over this ROM, or download another slim rom without gapps and flash it? And about the problem with voice calls, when I try to dial someone nothing happens and call ends, hope the problem are just the Gapps, because I found a possible fix with a flashable zip specifically for Treble GSI roms facing this problem (apparently volte bug). Mobile data for internet works flawlessly without making any configuration, problem only is mobile calls.

Panspermia98

Apr 12, 2017
Found a fix for the No internet access issue. All you have to do is go into the app's info in Settings and go to Mobile data and WiFi and give it internet access.

The Gapps Integration I'm using is BitsGapps which supports arm devices and Android 13. I installed it through Magisk. But it can also be flashed through TWRP.

But LiteGapps is also good.

A fix for the no space issue when trying to flash Gapps is flashing a GSI Image that's 1GB or 500MB (Depends on how much free space you want) larger than the image through fastboot and then flashing the Lineage OS image through TWRP.

TWRP doesn't resize partitions when flashing an image (which leads to some free space remaining) but fastboot does. This gave me the idea to do this and it worked.

Now I have a working Android 13 GSI with Gapps working flawlessly!
Thanks for the info, ¿but how can I flash a system image or zip through fastboot?, ¿Is there a way to flash using twrp and fastboot at the same time? Sorry for the question but I am not clear.

Thanks for your answer, It's this versión lineage_a64_bgN, and has preinstalled gapps (in system info: Phh Treble with Gapps). ¿Do I need to flash BitsGapps over this ROM, or download another slim rom without gapps and flash it? And about the problem with voice calls, when I try to dial someone nothing happens and call ends, hope the problem are just the Gapps, because I found a possible fix with a flashable zip specifically for Treble GSI roms facing this problem (apparently volte bug). Mobile data for internet works flawlessly without making any configuration, problem only is mobile calls.
Was it Lineage 19.1 or 20?
Thanks for the info, ¿but how can I flash a system image or zip through fastboot?, ¿Is there a way to flash using twrp and fastboot at the same time? Sorry for the question but I am not clear.

Please use Lineage 19.1-a64_bgN because this is the only working GSI with GApps already included. Either use the vndklite image or the normal image.

Use TWRP or Fastboot to flash it. Fastboot will be more preferable.

About the call issue, I don't seem to have any issue. All is working perfectly without any issue.

Also, select your network manually in Network Operators settings. Might fix the issue.

Last edited:

Panspermia98

Apr 12, 2017
Was it Lineage 19.1 or 20?

Please use Lineage 19.1-a64_bgN because this is the only working GSI with GApps already included. Either use the vndklite image or the normal image.

Use TWRP or Fastboot to flash it. Fastboot will be more preferable.

About the call issue, I don't seem to have any issue. All is working perfectly without any issue.

Also, select your network manually in Network Operators settings. Might fix the issue.
Right now I have installed the a64 vanilla lineageos 20 (android 13) with BitsGapps, no problem with the system, just the same problem with no audio on mobile calls, I can receive them but can't answer or hear the voice of the person who is calling. I assume the problem is with my phone carrier (it's from Ecuador "Claro") because you have the same system and Gapps running in the same Galaxy A02s without problems (I don't know your country carrier). I'm planning to flash the Samsung stock rom and sell it 😢, I don't want but the call problem that can't seem to be solved prompts me to do it.

Right now I have installed the a64 vanilla lineageos 20 (android 13) with BitsGapps, no problem with the system, just the same problem with no audio on mobile calls, I can receive them but can't answer or hear the voice of the person who is calling. I assume the problem is with my phone carrier (it's from Ecuador "Claro") because you have the same system and Gapps running in the same Galaxy A02s without problems (I don't know your country carrier). I'm planning to flash the Samsung stock rom and sell it 😢, I don't want but the call problem that can't seem to be solved prompts me to do it.
Use Google's Phone app.

Sadly nope, installing gapp on an Android 13 GSIs on this device is pretty hard. Tried numerous flavors but to no avail. LiteGApps is kinda working for me but the Play Store only shows No Internet Access, it can be substitute with Aurora Store tho (but it would be nice if it works). Other than Play Store, everything seems to work fine.

Installing GSIs with gapps preinstalled has Google app always crashing (one GSI I used shows that its using a arm64 build of Google app which will obviously crash on our a64 devices). I guess things would be much better if a custom rom or an arm64 TWRP and kernel was built specifically for this device.
AndyYan fixed the issue. It seems that he mistakenly used the arm64 version of MindTheGApps to build the image.

Check out the new images.

Zpec_01

Oct 19, 2022
Im kinda sad because the a03s dosen't support gsi roms but the a02s is alot better because it supports twrp recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any custom rom available for Samsung A02s (SM-A025F/DS)?
    hello, I'm also looking for a custom room, preferably 64 bits, doesn't anyone have it?
    (I would also post this reply on another thread so that others can be informed)

Hi! Sadly, there's no custom rom built specifically for A02s but it is compatible with arm32_binder64 GSIs with A/B Partition Style. I successfully installed a TrebleDroid version of Android 13, here's the proof.

View attachment 5826975
    Wow! I was going to test it but thank god I found someone who already did!

I will make a thread regarding installing GSI roms on A02s once I try it myself so that I can help other do it.
    Sadly nope, installing gapp on an Android 13 GSIs on this device is pretty hard. Tried numerous flavors but to no avail. LiteGApps is kinda working for me but the Play Store only shows No Internet Access, it can be substitute with Aurora Store tho (but it would be nice if it works). Other than Play Store, everything seems to work fine.

Installing GSIs with gapps preinstalled has Google app always crashing (one GSI I used shows that its using a arm64 build of Google app which will obviously crash on our a64 devices). I guess things would be much better if a custom rom or an arm64 TWRP and kernel was built specifically for this device.
    WellI I think the other alternative we can use is microG. I'll see if this works.
    The kinda stable GSI I found so far in this device was LineageOS 19.1 a64 bgN. Google apps works flawlessly but universalsafetynetfix was causing the system to crash so F.
    Update: I found a LineageOS 19.1 GSI with Google that is stable, its lineage-19.1-20230112-UNOFFICIAL-a64_bgN-vndklite.