• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question any custom rom for the moto e 2020 xt2051-1?

Search This thread

Imaunicorn666

May 22, 2021
Hi ! im looking forward to change my rom and i wanted to know if specificly the xt2051-1 had one (cuz thats the one i have) i cant find any anywhere for it and i dont want to go for another versions rom cause i dont want my phone to f up i got my phone rooted and installed twrp on it ,my manager is magisk i am confortable with command lines even tho im learning + is there any programs i should use on my pc in case my phone decides to fudge?

thanks for the help
thanks for helping newbies like me

Mar 7, 2018
This is electimons modded here on xda,and as far as i know nobody else has updated for the new touchscreen
A dev uploaded an unofficial 17.1 to AFH(1) w/ the new display driver a couple weeks back. It works great, except no audio besides during phone calls or when using headphones(or BT?, IDK).

I recently stumbled upon AlaskaLinuxUsers tutorial+videos(2) on how to setup & compile custom ROMs. Am in the process of setting up an Ubuntu workstation with 4th gen i5, 8GB DDR3, 2TB SSD & slow internet. It will take some time, apparently. My goal is to get this 17.1 working w/ new display &/or the working 18.1 w/ new display sans gapps. IDK if I will achieve a bootable ROM, but it looks like it's my only path, as outside of Electimon(3), not a lot of development is going on w/ Ginna anymore. Will post progress/results, if any is gained.

Nothing but respect & gratitude for E's work. Am a long-time fan. However, his build contains Gapps & I don't want them.

Imaunicorn666

May 22, 2021
Just before i do something i just want to know if AOSP has a rom for that phone already cause its my fav rom of all time but if i have to port it myself is there any guidelines i could find on how to port/create custom roms ?

Mar 7, 2018
Just before i do something i just want to know if AOSP has a rom for that phone already cause its my fav rom of all time but if i have to port it myself is there any guidelines i could find on how to port/create custom roms ?
Two posts before yours, link #2.

I have been delayed... unidentified bug bite put me out of service for a bit. Wild f'n ride. Got Ubu w/s setup, will start provisioning/downloading tonight.

Reactions: timjames474
Mar 7, 2018
After ~14 hours downloading(multiple nights @ < 1MB/s... aggregating > 50 GB) on my wireless plan, I am yet to achieve a 100% sync of the LOS repo. After hitting the MU Throttle Threshold on last month's plan, I must concede defeat at this point as I cannot afford to jeopardize my only home inet option available for another 30 days(extreme rural living, no landlines or line-of-sight options). Sigh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Two posts before yours, link #2.

I have been delayed... unidentified bug bite put me out of service for a bit. Wild f'n ride. Got Ubu w/s setup, will start provisioning/downloading tonight.