• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Any development going on?

Search This thread

b1boi

Jul 7, 2020
Redmi Note 10S
This just happens way too often for me in particular i pickup a phone that is from the redmi note series which falls in between the pro and redmi range which then gets overshadowed by pro model with more people developing for the pro and pro max variants

GildroY

Oct 10, 2017
I would also like to know if there is anything going on wrt custom roms for this device. I am looking to buy this device if there will be custom rom support eventually.

GildroY

Oct 10, 2017
This just happens way too often for me in particular i pickup a phone that is from the redmi note series which falls in between the pro and redmi range which then gets overshadowed by pro model with more people developing for the pro and pro max variants
That is true. But recently in amazon India's annual sale, note 10s was available for as low as INR12500 (~$168) after all the discounts for the base 6GB/64GB variant which makes it one of best (specs wise) in this price range. Hence the hope that with so many buyers, some development progress, we would be able to see.
Another problem now-a-days with Mi (and even other brands) phones in India is that they deviously increase the prices post ~2 weeks of launch by minimum INR500 or more (which can be make or break for budget cautious buyers like me). Hence waiting for a custom roms might ironically mean paying more for the device later.

Last edited:

garethdk

Sep 15, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Samsung Galaxy A50s
That is true. But recently in amazon India's annual sale, note 10s was available for as low as INR12500 (~$168) after all the discounts for the base 6GB/64GB variant which makes it one of best (specs wise) in this price range. Hence the hope that with so many buyers, some development progress, we would be able to see.
Another problem now-a-days with Mi (and even other brands) phones in India is that they deviously increase the prices post ~2 weeks of launch by minimum INR500 or more (which can be make or break for budget cautious buyers like me). Hence waiting for a custom roms might ironically mean paying more for the device later.
I'm planning to buy this phone does this have Netflix and Amazon support
asking because a reviewer said he didn't get amazon and Netflix installed

GildroY

Oct 10, 2017
If there is anyway that we can setup a pool/account to pay to the developer(s), I am happy to contribute my bit. If this is ok, experts/pros please advise.
Really looking for some help with custom rom for this otherwise awesome device. Just need to get rid of stock rom.

Reactions: TrouDu

GildroY

Oct 10, 2017
I'm planning to buy this phone does this have Netflix and Amazon support
asking because a reviewer said he didn't get amazon and Netflix installed
I think your question was already answered. In addition, If you were looking for widevine certification for consuming fhd content - yes note 10s is widevine l1 certified, so all good.
However, all that is secondary, this thread is primarily for discussion on custom rom development.

giszmo

Aug 12, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
If there is anyway that we can setup a pool/account to pay to the developer(s), I am happy to contribute my bit. If this is ok, experts/pros please advise.
Really looking for some help with custom rom for this otherwise awesome device. Just need to get rid of stock rom.

Same question here. Who does those ROMs? Are they for hire? What's missing? Is there a public repo with work in progress almost working ROMs? How does that usually go? Or do devs drop binaries out of nowhere? I assume it has to be rather transparent for security reasons already.

I would also be willing to chip in.

giszmo

Aug 12, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
If you want billion custom roms, dont buy MTK cpu phone :c
Better buy qualcomm
And if I did the mistake of buying this phone and would rather pay for a public good than for a second phone? I'd happily pay $300 for this rom but have no idea if it's rather $30k away from being available or if somebody has it done already and just was too lazy to upload.

Reactions: pravin_pran

GildroY

Oct 10, 2017
If you want billion custom roms, dont buy MTK cpu phone :c
Better buy qualcomm
Sometimes buying the phone is based more on it being a 'value for money' proposition. 'Less Money spent' ranks higher than the 'processor brand' for a similar spec processor (in this case better processor at almost similar price ~INR13k/~$170 USD, when compared to note 10 or realme 8-which is useless because of no root possible ever) with a hope that with the device being cheap, a lot of developers will get interested.
It might not be the case with everyone, but i believe, will apply to most of the people out there who want to change devices constantly for cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: saroj2252

J6idot

Feb 3, 2019
Italy
Redmi Note 10S
Might be a dumb question. Forgive my ignorance, but who can help with TWRP for this device? Is there some place where we can request one?
Hi, currently i am working on it. It booted however there is a problem, data stays encrypted. Even after format data it still doesn't work. This is because this device uses keymaster 4.1. As i know there is currently no other fix (well i saw something on twrp's gerrit but i am not sure it will work) so you probably should wait a bit more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might be a dumb question. Forgive my ignorance, but who can help with TWRP for this device? Is there some place where we can request one?
    Hi, currently i am working on it. It booted however there is a problem, data stays encrypted. Even after format data it still doesn't work. This is because this device uses keymaster 4.1. As i know there is currently no other fix (well i saw something on twrp's gerrit but i am not sure it will work) so you probably should wait a bit more.
    Teamwin release TWRP to 3.5.2, and it's now compatible with Android 11 :)

Work in progress .....
    No TWRP (yet) --> No custom ROM

So, wait for TWRP ...
    no, I am no longer. I stopped in Marchmallow
    But we are Redmi note 10s users. What about us?
    You can read the prior discussion on this thread to get the context. What @murigny64 is intending to say is that TWRP is now available for some of the other phones that use the same processor (Mediatek G95). So thats a good sign and soon we may have some positive news for 'note 10s' as well.
    Happy to be corrected in case I am missing the point :)
    Hey fellows,

as I'm considering to buy a Redmi Note 10s, is there any custom rom/twrp/other available for this device?
    I sadly could not find any useful information.

Regards
    Teamwin release TWRP to 3.5.2, and it's now compatible with Android 11 :)

Work in progress .....
    But we are Redmi note 10s users. What about us?
    You can read the prior discussion on this thread to get the context. What @murigny64 is intending to say is that TWRP is now available for some of the other phones that use the same processor (Mediatek G95). So thats a good sign and soon we may have some positive news for 'note 10s' as well.
    Happy to be corrected in case I am missing the point :)