• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Any development going on?

Search This thread

deeWeebz

Oct 26, 2011
Redmi Note 10S
While waiting for a fully functional custom rom, you might be interested in the Xiaomi bloatware removal tool :
https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

I successfully removed or froze many Xiaomi and google bloatware.

I didn't got ride of everything tho, as some things might make the system unstable if removed.

Found some extra information about most packages
here : https://devcondition.com/article/removing-unneeded-miui-applications/
and here : https://selivan.github.io/2020/02/25/removing-bloatware-from-xiaomi-miui-android.html

adityavbllnv

Sep 30, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
While waiting for a fully functional custom rom, you might be interested in the Xiaomi bloatware removal tool :
https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

I successfully removed or froze many Xiaomi and google bloatware.

I didn't got ride of everything tho, as some things might make the system unstable if removed.

Found some extra information about most packages
here : https://devcondition.com/article/removing-unneeded-miui-applications/
and here : https://selivan.github.io/2020/02/25/removing-bloatware-from-xiaomi-miui-android.html
Is it weird that my phone has no ads and easily uninstallable bloatware 🤔

deeWeebz

Oct 26, 2011
Redmi Note 10S
Is it weird that my phone has no ads and easily uninstallable bloatware 🤔
Seem unlikely that u can uninstall all bloatware without adb command.
I don't know about ads, I didn't wait very long before uninstalling as much as I can.
But there is definitely background system apps that send data about you, your phone and how you use it to xiaomi and google servers. (and these apps also drain battery)

adityavbllnv

Sep 30, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
Seem unlikely that u can uninstall all bloatware without adb command.
I don't know about ads, I didn't wait very long before uninstalling as much as I can.
But there is definitely background system apps that send data about you, your phone and how you use it to xiaomi and google servers. (and these apps also drain battery)
i see i'll definatly remove those... But interesting I might reverse engineer all those API as well .. seems interesting

Reactions: deeWeebz

Mohamedkam000

Can't you just replace your phones? If there was any signs of upcoming development, it would have appeared a long time ago.

Realme 7 has a nice, and promising development, but not this device with the same chip. It's not an interesting device.

I didn't even knew this device existed. I know about the normal one, and the Pro one (the Indian Pro Max too), but not the S model.

Mohamedkam000

Yes you are right this is normal device but now after the price changes it comes in best mobiles under 15k as well in sale it get at 12k only
It's not just the price, it is the first impressions. The phone is very good, better than the regular Note 10, but not that much.

For a regular user, I'll prefer the normal Note 10 instead of paying more money for barely an upgraded phone.

If I were to make a small jump, it'll be towards the 5G model, not the S.

adityavbllnv

Sep 30, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
It's not just the price, it is the first impressions. The phone is very good, better than the regular Note 10, but not that much.

For a regular user, I'll prefer the normal Note 10 instead of paying more money for barely an upgraded phone.

If I were to make a small jump, it'll be towards the 5G model, not the S.
The day we get TWRP we wont care for it either 😂 we can enjoy with patched GSI roms

adityavbllnv

Sep 30, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
Yeah maybe. But do you know that Black Shark 3 has TWRP, but no development at all?

The phone was released exactly 1.5 years ago. But maybe your luck is better. IDK 😂
Redmi note 10S is a treble supported device.. meaning there already 10+ GSI roms which are supported.. just need TWRP for easy install.. and dedicated patches for that roms.. so no worries for development 🥳🥳😂 only need recovery

Mohamedkam000

Redmi note 10S is a treble supported device.. meaning there already 10+ GSI roms which are supported.. just need TWRP for easy install.. and dedicated patches for that roms.. so no worries for development 🥳🥳😂 only need recovery
GSI ROMs ain't that pleasant. But at least it is a good alternative. Better than nothing. GSI was introduced on devices shipped with Oreo. It can be unofficially implemented to older phones.

In my country, it's a little bit pricey (30% more than it's price), so if I were to buy a phone, I'd make sure I won't get bored of it. Good luck anyway.

Reactions: adityavbllnv

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
Fastboot method is successful for Note 10s yet nobody is reviewing in detail

I encourage people who have already flashed GSI roms with fastboot method successfully to post real usage reviews with complete transparency on how to fix bugs on Youtube so more people will buy looking at real world ROM usage

Encouraging more development since developers will follow the most users.

adityavbllnv

Sep 30, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
Fastboot method is successful for Note 10s yet nobody is reviewing in detail

I encourage people who have already flashed GSI roms with fastboot method successfully to post real usage reviews with complete transparency on how to fix bugs on Youtube so more people will buy looking at real world ROM usage

Encouraging more development since developers will follow the most users.
I will encourage you to check about GSI article under 10S xda page. It has detailed process with bugs fixes.

seyren00

Jul 15, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
Guys just wait for it, thats all we can do (unfortunately). I know a little about C/C++ (I'm a college student), and I tried to make a Device Tree for Redmi note 10S but I couldn't (I didn't have the knowledge, experencie and time).
Also J6idiot already has a working version of TWRP (I downloaded his device tree and tested it), just wait for the fix for the Data Decryption, and stop pushing developers, nobody pays for their work, and they doesn't have unlimited free time, so just don't push them to upload something, it's fine to do some request, or a poll, but, spamming it multiple times, will not make any difference (sorry for my english, it's not my first language).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might be a dumb question. Forgive my ignorance, but who can help with TWRP for this device? Is there some place where we can request one?
    Hi, currently i am working on it. It booted however there is a problem, data stays encrypted. Even after format data it still doesn't work. This is because this device uses keymaster 4.1. As i know there is currently no other fix (well i saw something on twrp's gerrit but i am not sure it will work) so you probably should wait a bit more.
    Hey fellows,

as I'm considering to buy a Redmi Note 10s, is there any custom rom/twrp/other available for this device?
    I sadly could not find any useful information.

Regards
    If there is anyway that we can setup a pool/account to pay to the developer(s), I am happy to contribute my bit. If this is ok, experts/pros please advise.
    Really looking for some help with custom rom for this otherwise awesome device. Just need to get rid of stock rom.
    Teamwin release TWRP to 3.5.2, and it's now compatible with Android 11 :)

Work in progress .....
    We just need twrp for these devices so we can flash gsi roms.hope devlopers will give us it very soon.
    Mee tooo.. Lets hope we get real soon coz now 10S user base is big and growing