• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any Google Pixel 4 / 4XL case directing speakers to the front?

Search This thread

tarmsabye

Dec 19, 2016
As it's such a disappointment that Google 4 / 4XL doesn't have duo front firing speakers any more, does anyone manages to find any cases that redirects the sound to the front? Eg. for iPhones there's always a case from X-Doria: Defense Series that does this. Was wondering a similar case feature for this phone.

Thanks!

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
As it's such a disappointment that Google 4 / 4XL doesn't have duo front firing speakers any more, does anyone manages to find any cases that redirects the sound to the front? Eg. for iPhones there's always a case from X-Doria: Defense Series that does this. Was wondering a similar case feature for this phone.

Thanks!
I haven't seen any yet and honestly I don't think it needs them. It's easy louder and clearer than Pixel 2 XL.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

ilal2ielli

Oct 31, 2011
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
I don't think redirecting the sound is necessary. It throws off the stereo balance to do so. Just test it with cupping your hand near the bottom facing speaker while watching video while someone is speaking. Instead of a centered speaking voice, you get right or left biased sound depending on how you orient the phone.

Reactions: kevmosis

SuperLeakTX

Dec 28, 2018

Thanks!

yes, this one at amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZVHXJ1K?ref=myi_title_dp

or their website :
https://www.schnailcase.com/collections/pixel4xl/products/saviour-series-google-pixel-4xl-case

tarmsabye

Dec 19, 2016
It sure is louder than Pixel 3, however I do game in mobile where my hands keep blocking the bottom speaker.
@SuperLeakTX thanks! that's what I'm looking for! It seems that it's out of stock on Amazon though, will check out on their official website.

tarmsabye

Dec 19, 2016
So I bought and have tried the Schnail case. It's too bulky for me even with my big hands... Any other recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Looking for a light case with something similar to a case I have with on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Simple and effective :)
https://ibb.co/d0jMrd5

Last edited:

MikeC4510

Mar 31, 2012
Bordentown
Google Pixel 4 XL
I also had the schnail case through that offer in the general section. Anyways, I came to discover a few days ago that our phones have "stereo" speakers. The front, smaller speaker on top of the phone and the bottom right cut out is a speaker. The bottom left cutout is a microphone. So it's clearly not the same as dual front facing speakers, but it's still "stereo" at the very least ?*♂️

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think redirecting the sound is necessary. It throws off the stereo balance to do so. Just test it with cupping your hand near the bottom facing speaker while watching video while someone is speaking. Instead of a centered speaking voice, you get right or left biased sound depending on how you orient the phone.