• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any Ideas ?

Search This thread

blink8512

Nov 4, 2008
McKinney
Ever since I unlocked my phone my service is slow! I have a TP2 on the VZW network

I ran the speed test at mobilespeedtest.com and it says 222 kbps that I am under what other people on verizon have got ... with the stock ROM it would say 3G now its says EV I know that its just the icon. also I would only have 2 bars at the max

I called verizon about this and they set up a TT - Trouble Ticket and Verizon people have called me saying everything is fine

I use the ppckitchen to bulid my own ROMs i have try other one here also allways the same problem.
__________________________________________________ _________

So today I tested a theory I had "What if i flashed back to stock and relocked my TP2"

So I did I reflashed to the stock ROM and Relocked
WoW i have full bars now

Speed test is now Showing 3g speeds of 448

So I am left with having to be on the stock ROM if I want the faster speed vs using HTC Since 2.5

Any help on this Will be thanked!

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
Ever since I unlocked my phone my service is slow! I have a TP2 on the VZW network

I ran the speed test at mobilespeedtest.com and it says 222 kbps that I am under what other people on verizon have got ... with the stock ROM it would say 3G now its says EV I know that its just the icon. also I would only have 2 bars at the max

I called verizon about this and they set up a TT - Trouble Ticket and Verizon people have called me saying everything is fine

I use the ppckitchen to bulid my own ROMs i have try other one here also allways the same problem.
__________________________________________________ _________

So today I tested a theory I had "What if i flashed back to stock and relocked my TP2"

So I did I reflashed to the stock ROM and Relocked
WoW i have full bars now

Speed test is now Showing 3g speeds of 448

So I am left with having to be on the stock ROM if I want the faster speed vs using HTC Since 2.5

Any help on this Will be thanked!

It sounds like you just need to determine which radio is included in that stock ROM, and flash that radio to your phone after you install a custom ROM.

burtonsnow8

Sep 18, 2009
Having read both of your posts here and on ppc, it seems like you aren't experience problems with radios, but when you unlock your radio, which honestly should not affect anything (Based on this info.)

In all honesty I experience anywhere from low 100s to high 700s depending on a lot of factors. Also, if you look at phone arena and multiple other websites, the TP2 doesn't have the best 3g receiver, meaning other phones will get better speeds. I think you need to chalk this one up as normal.

I have based my test results on dslreports.com/mspeed with 200k, 400k, and 1MB files using both IE and Opera (opera turbo disabled).