Question Any Luck with Flashing a Tmobile to International?

Search This thread

zymphad

Jul 17, 2013
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I can almost guarantee you I'm one of the first LE2127 owner to unlock the bootloader and do this.

Why are you even arguing with me about a device you don't have, and whereas I can actually test this stuff and find out exactly what makes the modem power on again?
Not arguing.

I keep saying this is genuinely the weirdest thing I have read about on XDA. I don't know how I have bee part of XDA since doing my own custom roms on Nexus phones and owning three OnePlus devices now, I have never heard of this before.

And I been with T Mobile this entire time too.

Learn something new. T Mobile OP device which is 99.99 identical, flash to rom that works perfect with T Mobile causes modem to crash. Fascinating.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Not arguing.

I keep saying this is genuinely the weirdest thing I have read about on XDA. I don't know how I have bee part of XDA since doing my own custom roms on Nexus phones and owning three OnePlus devices now, I have never heard of this before.

And I been with T Mobile this entire time too.
Well, the situation is that currently, a tmobile branded OP9P (I don't own or can test the 9), flashing a non T-Mobile modem.img will crash the modem. If anyone wants to do the conversion, they should be prepared to make a backup of the stock modem.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
@craznazn Now that MSM tool has just been released, as soon as I get my unlock token from OP, I can test once I unlock the BL. I have both the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro on T-Mobile. Waiting for unlock tokens for both devices. Might take a minute though, last OP phones I tinkered with were the 7 Pro and 8 (both on T-Mo). Didn't care to mess with 8T seeing how I was eagerly awaiting the 9 series. Gotta get all my tools/files prepped again. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd rather chat that way so we don't stir anything up lol.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's doable. The Global/EU ROMs will break your modem, so you'll have to re-flash your TMO modem back in order to get connectivity. I will not be making a guide until MSM is available.
MSM is available if you wanna make that guide. 🙂 I'm sure it's the same as the 7 Pro/8/8T with subtle changes, but I'm sure myself and fellow noobs here would find it handy lol.

Reactions: adewaleandrew

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@craznazn Now that MSM tool has just been released, as soon as I get my unlock token from OP, I can test once I unlock the BL. I have both the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro on T-Mobile. Waiting for unlock tokens for both devices. Might take a minute though, last OP phones I tinkered with were the 7 Pro and 8 (both on T-Mo). Didn't care to mess with 8T seeing how I was eagerly awaiting the 9 series. Gotta get all my tools/files prepped again. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd rather chat that way so we don't stir anything up lol.
The only MSM I see right now is the 2125, not the T-Mobile branded 2127. I even reached out to OP themselves, and there does not appear to be a MSM For 2127 yet.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
The only MSM I see right now is the 2125, not the T-Mobile branded 2127. I even reached out to OP themselves, and there does not appear to be a MSM For 2127 yet.
So there's no way that the one that was just posted here on XDA would work for the T-Mobile branded one? I thought it was possible before with the OP 8, unless that was specifically for the T-Mobile version.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
So there's no way that the one that was just posted here on XDA would work for the T-Mobile branded one? I thought it was possible before with the OP 8, unless that was specifically for the T-Mobile version.
Unfortunately, no.

Attachments

• lemonadep.png
    lemonadep.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 180

nmccord30

Mar 30, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nope.

But I am still wondering why this would break if EU and Global work perfect with T Mobile. That is so weird. I have seen plenty of threads of T Mobile users unlocking and flashing Global without problems. This is first I have seen of this. This is so weird to me. Like doesn't make sense if EU and Global work with T Mobile so by switching it would stop working. That makes no sense to me.
Would you be willing to share the process to flash my T-Mobile 9 pro to the global

Reactions: rrubio999

BHermes21

Sep 30, 2011
Chicago
Google Pixel XL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I can almost guarantee you I'm one of the first LE2127 owner to unlock the bootloader and do this.

Why are you even arguing with me about a device you don't have, and whereas I can actually test this stuff and find out exactly what makes the modem power on again?
I know the frustrations with xda. Just know your efforts are much appreciated. I have a t mobile 9 pro unlocked (LE2127) . If there is anything I can do to help feel free to hit me up. I'm still waiting on my unlock token from oneplus. Shouldn't be more then a few days till I get it

I know the frustrations with xda. Just know your efforts are much appreciated. I have a t mobile 9 pro unlocked (LE2127) . If there is anything I can do to help feel free to hit me up. I'm still waiting on my unlock token from oneplus. Shouldn't be more then a few days till I get it

Same, just waiting on my unlock token as well, though I just submitted mine yesterday.

nmccord30

Mar 30, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you're already unlocked what are you waiting for the token for? I'm unlocked also that's why I'm asking

amaroney55

Jan 6, 2019
Decatur
Blu Vivo XL
Project Treble
Sorry I haven't read all the replies. But basically flashing to global is like same steps as 8t? Where u have to use payload dumper and then flash with fastbootd and replace the modem?? I think that's what I have gotten outta what I read?? Lol and he/she is right about the modem replacement with TMobile.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Sorry I haven't read all the replies. But basically flashing to global is like same steps as 8t? Where u have to use payload dumper and then flash with fastbootd and replace the modem?? I think that's what I have gotten outta what I read?? Lol and he/she is right about the modem replacement with TMobile.
Same steps, yes. Once you do, you'll notice that you wont have any wireless connectivity. Restore that by flashing the original T-Mobile modem.img, so make sure to dump your original modem first

Reactions: amaroney55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's doable. The Global/EU ROMs will break your modem, so you'll have to re-flash your TMO modem back in order to get connectivity. I will not be making a guide until MSM is available.
    Ah, crap. Any foreseeable hope for us in that regard?
    Not yet, I'm working on it but no ETA
    That is crazy... Cause guaranteed T Mobile users have done this but I haven't read of modems crashing. Truly interesting.

Why are you trying to flash T-mobile firmware to the international version?
    Delay on updates :S, T-mobile needs to release them after they are approved by OP.
    Well I think if u can still do it you can catch the ota using logcat. On the next update. That's how I did my old Blu phone.

Hey I apologize for this misunderstanding. No I was gonna see if I could pull my firmware. Like I know you know alot more then I do. But I know how on mtk phones u can use spflash tool to pull your own rom. That's what I was talking bout. But to go to global OnePlus 9 pro. Fastboot into fastboot d and flash the extracted payload.bin except for the modem use your tmo modem. I am just now having time to see what's up with that. I agree with both parties about the modem flashing. Cause with 8t. Someone said same thing. But the global modem worked fine and I thought it was faster and better then the T-Mobile one. Some phones will mess up and others won't. So take caution. I am in no way trying to talk down on you. Or step my bounds on this post. I have only been messing with these phones for 3 yrs. And still don't know crap. Self taught everything I have learned came from cool ppl that took time to help. And alot lots and lots of failure to learn what I know. So once again for anyone that misunderstood my post I apologize.

You're 100% right. I dont know what happened last night but thank God I pulled the firmware from T-Mobile phone. Cause I was stuck on T-Mobile splash screen. It wouldnt do anything. So I flashed my tmo firmware and got it back. Then I flashed my modem with the us firmware. No data except wifi. I had to flash the modemst1 and 2.

Any word on the MSM tool for le2127 yet???