Any major flaws/issues with Android 11/One UI 3.0/3.1 ?

Search This thread

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
Hi, I just got a Note 10+ and I haven't transferred over to it yet. I was playing around with it and before I knew it, the Android 11 update was pushed to it and as y'all know it forces it's way in even after you disable it. So far with minimal apps and no sim card, the phone seems fine. There are some missing edge panels I can't access anymore in the galazy store or google play for that matter.

That being said, are people here generally happy about Android 11? What are some well knwon issues?

I have been skeptical about Samsung phones since my Note 8 to Note 9. As they get updates, the phones start running more clunky. Almost like they purposefully want you to upgrade.

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
Android 11 (one UI 3.1) is all I know on this phone. I came from the Note 4 and S5. Just got my Note 10 as well with Android 9 and two days later did a system update to Android 11. For me, it was about 10 updates in a row and 2 or 3 of them were roughly 2GB. I should have done factory reset before doing the updates, but then again, I didn't have the phone that long before doing it. I wish there was a setting for the transparency on the notification pull down, apps drawer, recent apps, etc but's faily tastefully done. They give the option to change the tranpsarncy on the lock screen but not the main screen which is backwards. I don't like the new fat vertical volume sliders. They look nice but harder to use because your finger's in the way. LOL. The horizontal ones were wider than these are tall. Some say Android 11 is slower and harder on the battery. The battery life isn't as good as I hoped.

I don't have issues with Edge Screens missing in the Galaxy Store in Android 11. Never used Google Play for edge screens. but then again, I never used Edge Screens before, so I wouldn't know what was missing.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is the brightness of the Note10 isn't as bright when the brightness slider is set to the same position as my ancient S5. I put the display setting on Vivid and the white balance/gamma is too red. I put the Cool/Warm slider all the way to Cool and it's still a tad Red.

Last edited:

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
Android 11 (one UI 3.1) is all I know on this phone. I came from the Note 4 and S5. Just got my Note 10 as well with Android 9 and two days later did a system update to Android 11. For me, it was about 10 updates in a row and 2 or 3 of them were roughly 2GB. I should have done factory reset before doing the updates, but then again, I didn't have the phone that long before doing it. I wish there was a setting for the transparency on the notification pull down, apps drawer, recent apps, etc but's faily tastefully done. They give the option to change the tranpsarncy on the lock screen but not the main screen which is backwards. I don't like the new fat vertical volume sliders. They look nice but harder to use because your finger's in the way. LOL. The horizontal ones were wider than these are tall. Some say Android 11 is slower and harder on the battery. The battery life isn't as good as I hoped.

I don't have issues with Edge Screens missing in the Galaxy Store in Android 11. Never used Google Play for edge screens. but then again, I never used Edge Screens before, so I wouldn't know what was missing.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is the brightness of the Note10 isn't as bright when the brightness slider is set to the same position as my ancient S5. I put the display setting on Vivid and the white balance/gamma is too red. I put the Cool/Warm slider all the way to Cool and it's still a tad Red.

THere was this edge screen app called Edgeboard that used to be available and was available on my Note 9. It's no longer available

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
I don't see Edgeboard in the Galaxy Store. Just repeating what little I read about Android 11 and battery life and performance. Maybe others can chime in. I'm sure it's mentioned in this forum in detail.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Pie is so much better.
I'll never leave 10 or 11 load on my 10+ which is a fast and very stable platform that's running very well. Security is more than adequate.
Some of my best trusted app's functionality be destroyed by the it.
It's big sister crapware🤣

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
Pie is so much better.
I'll never leave 10 or 11 load on my 10+ which is a fast and very stable platform that's running very well. Security is more than adequate.
Some of my best trusted app's functionality be destroyed by the it.
It's big sister crapware🤣
How is Pie better though?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
How is Pie better though?
Overlays allowed, no cpu cycle robbing scoped storage, trusted apps like Karma Firewall's logging feature is fully functional.
For a few perks you trade major functionality in the name of security and privacy.
When Google is the biggest imbedded privacy issue to begin with.🤣
As for security... no saving a dumb bunny.

Sorry Gookill, I'm not buying it🧐

edo101

Oct 26, 2013
Overlays allowed, no cpu cycle robbing scoped storage, trusted apps like Karma Firewall's logging feature is fully functional.
For a few perks you trade major functionality in the name of security and privacy.
When Google is the biggest imbedded privacy issue to begin with.🤣
As for security... no saving a dumb bunny.

Sorry Gookill, I'm not buying it🧐
Ah I don't even know what any of those things are. I've been out of the Rooting business for a while. I don't know what those items I bolded would do for me

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-233505_Karma FW.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-233505_Karma FW.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20210511-233459_Karma FW.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-233459_Karma FW.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20210511-233449_Karma FW.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-233449_Karma FW.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 17

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
That sounds good but again these updates are forced down your throat. Did you mention a program that can block them?
You need to block the carrier update apk. Conversely if it downloads clearing the system cache (or maybe a factory reset) should clear it if it hasn't flashed yet. Last ditch effort and not a good long term solution.

If you avoid/ turn off wifi to stop the update that won't work forever because the update apk can turn on wifi and any other apks it needs as well as certain towers (AT&T probably other carriers too) are "update" towers that will download the update fast.

I use a package disabler to keep my updater neutered. https://www.packagedisabler.com/
An ADB edit is also another way to get it done on a unrooted stock phone.
Carriers like AT&T can block updates on their end if you pester them enough🤣
Get it done asap whichever solution you choose.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So battery life is shorter and Note 10+ is slower on Android 11. FFS :(