• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any method to fix bubbles messenger?

Search This thread

dafii

Jan 17, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi! Is there any way to fix bubbles from messenger app on V12.0.1.0.RJZEUXM with android 11 latest version?

Device: Note 9 PRO (Joyeuse)
ROM: Stock EEA / XIAOMI.EU (I can use global, or .eu whatever)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi! Is there any way to fix bubbles from messenger app on V12.0.1.0.RJZEUXM with android 11 latest version?

If it is not an issue from Messenger itself you should take a look on <Developer Options<Bubbles and enable this feature.

dafii

Jan 17, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Reboot device one time. And did you check if from withing the settings of the apps all the permissions including bubbles are allowed?

I am currently on an Android 10 system. I have no way of checking this option in more detail - and I'm not going to install the system just to check. Because I'm half sure it won't work. It's nice if someone could confirm if they have the same phone.
EDIT: I got from friend screenshots, there no option "Bubbles".

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I am currently on an Android 10 system. I have no way of checking this option in more detail - and I'm not going to install the system just to check. Because I'm half sure it won't work. It's nice if someone could confirm if they have the same phone.
EDIT: I got from friend screenshots, there no option "Bubbles".
You don't need to re-install the system not weird things like these, I just said to check if inside the settings from the app itself (Messenger) exists a feature called Bubbles, I'm currently on A11 with a RN9S and I couldn't find something called specifically Bubble, the nearer feature is Floating Notifications and Notification previews if they have to be enabled to work with Chat Heads (of course all of this thread is assuming that you enable the Chat Heads from messenger)

Try to enable the option through ADB hoping that it is fixed https://9to5google.com/2019/04/03/android-q-beta-2-bubbles/

Last edited:

sir_bazz

You don't need to re-install the system not weird things like these, I just said to check if inside the settings from the app itself (Messenger) exists a feature called Bubbles, I'm currently on A11 with a RN9S and I couldn't find something called specifically Bubble, the nearer feature is Floating Notifications and Notification previews if they have to be enabled to work with Chat Heads (of course all of this thread is assuming that you enable the Chat Heads from messenger)

Try to enable the option through ADB hoping that it is fixed https://9to5google.com/2019/04/03/android-q-beta-2-bubbles/
So did you make those changes via ADB?

Only asking because my understanding is that Messenger changed the way it works under A11, (to use the bubbles API), so the old A10 chat heads behaviour is gone for good.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So did you make those changes via ADB?

Only asking because my understanding is that Messenger changed the way it works under A11, (to use the bubbles API), so the old A10 chat heads behaviour is gone for good.
It seems that in some moment within the beta updates since Android 10 the feature was retired (maybe for testing purposes) but after some release it was working again, not sure about WhatsApp itself, TBH I'm not a fan of Bubbles, but it relies completely on the app so in Android 11 is still implemented (with some changes)
It's just a thing to check in the app if the feature is present or not, but globally it is.

I'm currently running Android 11 and the feature changed the name Chat Heads for Bubbles, in my other device (Redmi 4X) it's under Chat Heads running Android 10 (we're talking about Messenger)

ali6944

People on reddit reported this as a common issue on all A11 miui builds, someone suggested this older version of messenger which is signed in a way that makes it behave like A10 with the old floating chatheads, which I've been using for a month now.
Here's a link if you wanna try it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13_bpkc_JZ_twhP2UdpuItQv9nj7D-9jM/view

jwchips

Apr 16, 2007
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Chat heads was a custom feature for messenger, bubbles is android taking the idea system-wide. Xiaomi broke the bubbles system in 12.0.1rjz

To disable use QuickShortCutMaker or ActivityLauncher from play store.

*search for 'notifications'
*tap 'com.android.settings'
*look for 'notifications' & launch (see pic)
*tap 'bubbles' and toggle off

pics behind spoiler tag
IMG_20210725_012251.jpg

IMG_20210725_012322.jpg

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
It's perfectly working in Android 10 and 11. No need to do nothing more to get it working. All the apps can use it and customize it from the Android API. Chat Heads was since 2018 and Bubbles was included since Q. Both features are from Google and were used for any app that want, not an exclusive feature from WhatsApp nor Messenger.
Screenshot_2021-07-25-14-08-44-890_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg