• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any news for February update?

Search This thread

deusfaux

Dec 12, 2010
Why did my P3XL never find the January update? It's stock, rooted, but surely it should have seen the update automatically long before now if not on manual update checks? Yet, nothing

logo20heli

Feb 14, 2008
I haven't gotten the OTA for my Pixel 3 XL yet. I'm on T-Mobile in the US. Could T-Mobile be holding up the OTA?

I used to get OTAs usually on the first day they came out on my old Nexus 6P. It's kind of frustrating that they don't appear sooner on my Pixel. Last month I flashed the factory image for the update. Looks like I'll have to resort to that again if the OTA doesn't appear soon.

nmuncer

Oct 12, 2009
Didn't see much new thing, except wifi calling and predictive emoji response .
For the last one, it did appear once and didn't show up again.
What it did: my kid sent me a message, and message offered 4 different emoji to click on -> happy, sad, furious and interrogative.
I tried to make it happen again, it didn't.
I thought, wonder if it has to do with this update, still it did happen righ after it

cmh714

Jul 4, 2009
One of the ways to prevent your smartphone from being compromised is to not simply click on links or download APKs that you’re unsure of. Unfortunately it might not be as simple as that as hackers have gotten better at hiding their malware in seemingly innocuous files, such as a PNG image.

Google recently detailed its Android security update for the month of February where they discovered a critical vulnerability within Android’s framework. This vulnerability allowed hackers to compromise an Android smartphone by sending a PNG file to their victim, and when that file is open, the vulnerability is exploited which would give hackers access to the phone to execute code on it. According to Google:

“The most severe of these issues is a critical security vulnerability in Framework that could allow a remote attacker using a specially crafted PNG file to execute arbitrary code within the context of a privileged process. The severity assessment is based on the effect that exploiting the vulnerability would possibly have on an affected device, assuming the platform and service mitigations are turned off for development purposes or if successfully bypassed.”

Thankfully Google claims that to date, they have yet to receive any reports of this particular vulnerability having been exploited in the wild, which means that hackers might not have stumbled upon in yet.

Google has since patched the flaw in the latest Android security update, so if you haven’t updated yet, now’s a good time to do so. Google has also declined to provide additional details about the vulnerability to prevent hackers from exploiting it on devices that have yet to be patched.

Source: Google: https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2019-02-01.html

DOMF

Mar 22, 2013
I just updated mine and the Screen Call feature has disappeared! What gives? That happen to anyone else? I'm on stock OS, rooted, kiri kernel.

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
Anyone notice after this update:
Longer boot time
Phone is laggy
Odd behavior when using Substratum themes with System UI enabled
Strange icons in reboot menu
Phone is laggy for sure. Not sure about the other stuff. They definitely broke something again. Here comes another month of waiting for them to fix it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bubba

Bubba

Phone is laggy for sure. Not sure about the other stuff. They definitely broke something again. Here comes another month of waiting for them to fix it.

Here is my power menu with theme applied and also a friends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_213155_663.jpg
    IMG_20190208_213155_663.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_20190208_213133_803.jpg
    IMG_20190208_213133_803.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 358

csick

Apr 29, 2011
West Warwick
Anyone else on Google Fi still waiting on the Feb 2019 update for Pixel 3 XL?
I would just flash the ota manually, but after some people are reporting lag and other issues, I may just wait.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do we really need to have this question every month? I mean really come on now. Just wait until it drops, and then go read the release notes. A lot of sites cover it when it comes out, so there is no need to ask here before it comes out. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but there is somebody every month asking before it comes out. I know I can just ignore the post, but I'm in a grumpy mood right now, so sorry about that. LOL
    Hello guys. Do you have any new for February update? Any fixes or or something New? Thanks...
    No one will know until the Pixel Security Bulletin comes out. This bulletin comes out the same day of the update on the first Monday of each month. Every month a new thread like this one is started and becomes a long laundry list of what people WANT and NEED to have fixed. Functional patches in a monthly security update are few and far between (with the exception of last December).
    Yes, we know it will come on Monday 4th February.
    Thanks.. I didn't even know when update will come out ;)
    Always on the first Monday of the month.
    Not released yet, have to wait more hours