• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Any official or unofficial lineage OS for Samsung galaxy M21

Search This thread

GuruPrasadAH

Sep 13, 2021
Any GSI you will recommend? (for M215G)
Any will work. I personally use crdroid since it is lightweight, has good performance, and has a lot of customizations. Use soulr344's twrp and use the built in super cmd to flash. Then flash Multidisabler, null vbmeta and magisk.

Use this build: https://github.com/eremitein/treble-patches/wiki/crDRom11-Project

Also don't plug in charger while power off, it will become stuck on boot screen. Use vol down+ power to reboot if that happens. Also DONT install hktweaks and overclock/underclock, it will cause random reboot

Chill
GuruPrasadAH

OldNoobOne

Any will work. I personally use crdroid since it is lightweight, has good performance, and has a lot of customizations. Use soulr344's twrp and use the built in super cmd to flash. Then flash Multidisabler, null vbmeta and magisk.

Use this build: https://github.com/eremitein/treble-patches/wiki/crDRom11-Project

Also don't plug in charger while power off, it will become stuck on boot screen. Use vol down+ power to reboot if that happens. Also DONT install hktweaks and overclock/underclock, it will cause random reboot

Chill
GuruPrasadAH
thanks bro (y) ,
I dont have null vbmeta though, can you post link for null vbmeta if possible and the sequence of flashing the files as per your opinion.
I am downloading ( crdrom-v313-210921-arm64-BvZ-lite.img.xz ) for M215G (Galaxy M21 2021 Edition)

#Note -
I tried to flash another lineage GSI for android 11-> LirRMod ( lir-v313-210915-arm64-bvZ-lite.img) but failed so. Thanks in advance bro

GuruPrasadAH

Sep 13, 2021
thanks bro (y) ,
I dont have null vbmeta though, can you post link for null vbmeta if possible and the sequence of flashing the files as per your opinion.
I am downloading ( crdrom-v313-210921-arm64-BvZ-lite.img.xz ) for M215G (Galaxy M21 2021 Edition)

#Note -
I tried to flash another lineage GSI for android 11-> LirRMod ( lir-v313-210915-arm64-bvZ-lite.img) but failed so. Thanks in advance bro
Yes... I failed many times, but it is all about the null vbmeta. That only disables dm-verity. I made this vbmeta flasher myself, bc no other existed.

Order-
1. WIpe data and reboot to recovery
2. Plugin to pc and transfer gsi image, vbmeta zip, multidisabler, and magisk(optional) to documents folder.
3. Go to terminal
4. Type the following cmds one by one
cd sdcard

cd documents

super mount system

super flash system [Name-of-the-image].img

5. Flash vbmeta
6. Flash multidisabler
7. Flash magisk(again, optional)
8. Flash custom kernel if u want( I recommend PrishKernel)
9. Reboot to system and enjoy.

Attachments

• vbmeta.zip
    903.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: OldNoobOne

OldNoobOne

Yes... I failed many times, but it is all about the null vbmeta. That only disables dm-verity. I made this vbmeta flasher myself, bc no other existed.

Order-
2. Plugin to pc and transfer gsi image, vbmeta zip, multidisabler, and magisk(optional) to documents folder.
3. Go to terminal
cd sdcard

cd documents

super mount system

5. Flash vbmeta
6. Flash multidisabler
Hi bro, I followed the steps above till step 5:
1. cd sdcard (worked)
2. cd documents (worked)
3. super mount system (worked)
4. super flash system crdrom-v313-210921-arm64-bvZ-lite.img (flashed but in 1s time)

so , I think gsi did not flash properly. any idea why?

Last edited:

GuruPrasadAH

Sep 13, 2021
1. cd sdcard (worked)
2. cd documents (worked)
4. super flash system crdrom-v313-210921-arm64-bvZ-lite.img (flashed but in 1s time)

Actually, raw images flash like this only. Carry on doing all the steps bro(did u try flashing every thing else and try booting?). Anyway, hope this helps you

Reactions: OldNoobOne

OldNoobOne

Actually, raw images flash like this only. Carry on doing all the steps bro(did u try flashing every thing else and try booting?). Anyway, hope this helps you
Thanks bro, finally CRD managed to boot , I flashed stock rom then after that I followed your steps and it booted! :D . You saved my life bro coz GSI flashing guide on xda looked very complicated to me.
You said you made the vbmeta file on your own so you should be senior member in xda not new member XD . If you have donate button then pls post coz you & CrD deserve some donations. Thanks a lot :)

Can you also make vbmeta for Redmi Note 10 Mojito? Pls Pls

GuruPrasadAH

Sep 13, 2021
Thanks bro, finally CRD managed to boot , I flashed stock rom then after that I followed your steps and it booted! :D . You saved my life bro coz GSI flashing guide on xda looked very complicated to me.
You said you made the vbmeta file on your own so you should be senior member in xda not new member XD . If you have donate button then pls post coz you & CrD deserve some donations. Thanks a lot :)

Can you also make vbmeta for Redmi Note 10 Mojito? Pls Pls
Just a few clarifications:
1. I only made the flasher zip for the vbmeta. The image itself - was provided by google.
2. This zip should and will probably work on all phones, except maybe a few with weird vbmeta partition name( samsung vbmeta partition name is actually vbmeta_samsung instead of vbmeta only, and I think LG does the same too).

If it does not work( shows failed msg ) then send me the link of that device's twrp. I will maybe make an update if i find time.

Chill
GuruPrasadAH

GuruPrasadAH

Sep 13, 2021
Also, I'm just 13 yo as of now, so no donation for me. However, if u want to donate to crd, follow these two links:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/crdroidandroid -For crDroid themselves
For the guy who built the GSI, there seems to be no donate button.

Also, I saw ur post asking question about how M215G is different. Actually it is same, and remember - fastboot can never be installed on samsung. Also, turn off auto reboot when flashing twrp with odin, then hold down vol down+power for 7 secs until it reboots, then immediately press vol up+power. After this, wipe data and flash ROM.

If u reboot back to system without flashing multidisabler/rom, twrp will automatically be replaced with stock recovery. Hope this helps.

Chill
GuruPrasadAH

OldNoobOne

Also, I'm just 13 yo as of now, so no donation for me. However, if u want to donate to crd, follow these two links:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/crdroidandroid -For crDroid themselves
For the guy who built the GSI, there seems to be no donate button.

Also, I saw ur post asking question about how M215G is different. Actually it is same, and remember - fastboot can never be installed on samsung. Also, turn off auto reboot when flashing twrp with odin, then hold down vol down+power for 7 secs until it reboots, then immediately press vol up+power. After this, wipe data and flash ROM.

If u reboot back to system without flashing multidisabler/rom, twrp will automatically be replaced with stock recovery. Hope this helps.

Chill
GuruPrasadAH
Thanks bro, I am surprised how all the developers I came across are 13 year old :unsure:
Wish you luck bro (y)
CrDroid is good but I think ROMs are better than GSIs, for example -
1. CrDroid GSI has issue with MTP, device not getting recognized by PC! but inside TWRP I can transfer files from pc to Internal Storage
2. Also 3-button NavBar background is opaque not transparent so NavBar takes up 10% of the screen, gesture is fine but navbar is very handy.
I did not find any CrDroid vanilla version :(

GuruPrasadAH

Sep 13, 2021
Thanks bro, I am surprised how all the developers I came across are 13 year old :unsure:
Wish you luck bro (y)
CrDroid is good but I think ROMs are better than GSIs, for example -
1. CrDroid GSI has issue with MTP, device not getting recognized by PC! but inside TWRP I can transfer files from pc to Internal Storage
2. Also 3-button NavBar background is opaque not transparent so NavBar takes up 10% of the screen, gesture is fine but navbar is very handy.
I did not find any CrDroid vanilla version
Actually, one guy Daniel on telegram built a crdroid 11 rom(not gsi) for m21, however last I checked, it did not boot and booted into fastboot(pls don't ban me lol).

The dev said it was a DT(device tree) bug and that the fix wud take time.

And since there was more trolling than development happening in that group, I exited it.

Once it boots, it wud probably be posted under roms, so no need to join that toxic group as of now

OldNoobOne

Actually, one guy Daniel on telegram built a crdroid 11 rom(not gsi) for m21, however last I checked, it did not boot and booted into fastboot(pls don't ban me lol).

The dev said it was a DT(device tree) bug and that the fix wud take time.

And since there was more trolling than development happening in that group, I exited it.

Once it boots, it wud probably be posted under roms, so no need to join that toxic group as of now
Thanks bro, t.me is crazy with bots monitoring everything. Its not very secure as per me coz it downloads unwanted things to our device. It feels like as if soviet kgb is watching every group we join LOL.

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy M21
I just wanted to say that if you're in android 11, you can flash the GSI image directly to system. Use TWRP 3.5.1 v3
Wipe data ( If you want to decrypt internal storage, flash multi disabler and format data )
Flash GSI
Flash dmverity disabler or magisk

OldNoobOne

I just wanted to say that if you're in android 11, you can flash the GSI image directly to system. Use TWRP 3.5.1 v3
Wipe data ( If you want to decrypt internal storage, flash multi disabler and format data )
Flash GSI
Flash dmverity disabler or magisk
Hi Fredin bro, long time ..how you been? Youre the most helpful nice guy in t.me ☺️
My Redmi Note 10 came with MiUi 12.5.1 Android 11 out of the box, in these two months that ive been using Nebrassy2-Twrp and its different than Soulr344-Twrp, (Soulr344-Twrp 'super ' command = Nebrassy2-Twrp '#su' command), I couldnt flash GSIs using ( TWRP-3.5.2-mojito-Nebrassy-2.img ) so far.
Ive requested Soulr344 dev to make Soulr344-Twrp for RN10 Mojito/Sunny. If he ever drops by XDA perhaps he might notice.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before you waste ur time on telegram, the crdroid 11 does not work as of now and the dev isn't prepared to fix it. So wait until it is posted in xda
    thanks bro (y) ,

#Note -

Order-
    3. Go to terminal
    cd sdcard

cd documents

super mount system

5. Flash vbmeta
    6. Flash multidisabler
    1. cd sdcard (worked)
    2. cd documents (worked)

Join telegram
    they have CrDroid android 11
    Before you waste ur time on telegram, the crdroid 11 does not work as of now and the dev isn't prepared to fix it. So wait until it is posted in xda
    thanks bro (y) ,

#Note -

Order-
    3. Go to terminal
    cd sdcard

cd documents

super mount system

5. Flash vbmeta
    6. Flash multidisabler
    1. cd sdcard (worked)
    2. cd documents (worked)