Any opinions on gabrielse's lineage 17.1 custom rom?

Search This thread

mohitdabas07

Nov 15, 2016
I read somewhere that sometimes overnight idle drain would be as high as 20-30% in LOS 17.1 by Sairam which was based on 4.9 kernel. Is it same in this build?

Well I didn't find any issue in this build that's why I didn't switched or tried to switch to sairam build (and nicheream sir's build was also based on 4.9 kernel it didn't had any problem same for the build I suggested to you. In simple words this is the best alternative to nicheream sir's build)

Reactions: amn1987

sinha500

Sep 19, 2014
Gaur
Well I didn't find any issue in this build that's why I didn't switched or tried to switch to sairam build (and nicheream sir's build was also based on 4.9 kernel it didn't had any problem same for the build I suggested to you. In simple words this is the best alternative to nicheream sir's build)

how you flashed? i tried latest twrp and orangefox8.1 recovery but getting same error. if there any working recovery for this zip please provide link

amn1987

I had flashed Fork LOS 17.1 by Sairam last week and I am happy to report that idle drain is nowhere as bad as some had reported in earlier builds. Occasionally overnight drain is as low as 0.25%/h but mostly in the 0.6-0.7%/h. Keeping Battery Saver on seems to help quite a bit in this regard. I haven't flashed any GApps/microG yet though which could possibly worsen idle drain.
System responsiveness is much improved. I hadn't used Nich's LOS build so I can't compare to that but its really fluid. Active drain while browsing is a bit inconsistent but on average ~10%/h.
I still have to check Gabrielse's 4.9 build and LOS 16 Official.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone