Any other browser instead of Chrome?

Search This thread

mazinya

Jul 25, 2010
Well, Chrome lags. Dont know if its a hardware fault (i seriously doubt it) or just the browser's fault, but it just lags. Even the default browser on my HTC Sensation feels a lot more smoother.

Is there any other good browser which doesnt lags?

qqhsiao

Nov 10, 2012
Firefox, Opera, Opera Mini

You can't go wrong with the major ones
But Dolphin is also good.

Quite a few, all up to you :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
I was a Dolphin user for a couple of years. It's a good browser, and recently I switched to Firefox. A few months ago Firefox was quite terrible bit it has really matured a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
I've been using Boat Browser along side Chrome - its nice and quick. Not sure why I haven't made it my default browser yet LOL. I do agree that Chrome is significantly slower than most third party replacements.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

chaplinb

Jan 27, 2012
I use smooth Rom which upon install with aroma asks what browser you want to install. I chose the stock android browser because I chrome is pretty laggy and it works a charm xD. You don't get all the functionality of chrome, but it adds up to be a much more pleasant experience.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
I've been using Boat more and more. All I really care about is how well a browser renders and scales a page since I'm almost always in portrait mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Clean ROM 2.5 - leanKernel 0.7

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
Most important to me in a browser is text reflow.
I don't get that on my note with dolphin so i use Opera mobile & Maxthon mobile (by far the fastest browser I've ever found) both give Reflow on my note.
*Maxthon is a good simple browser with some well thought out settings options & one touch full screen button.

Dolphin is trying to be everything while neglecting its basic purpose in my opinion.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone