Any other Exynos users getting much below the average quoted SOT?

Search This thread

Bazcraig

Sep 12, 2009
I'm on day 2 of using my UK Note 20 Ultra and the battery life is leaving a lot to be desired. Today I'm currently sitting at 49% battery with 1 hour 30 minutes screen on time. I'm using it very lightly as I'm mostly desk based while working.

I know the phone is still "Learning usage patterns" but this seems very little usage to be sitting below 50%. Is anyone else seeing similar?

ACtC-3eSJDSq2drvoWnj7o3_Fz1qWHGb94olv3Fyy8-cTy6ZbiAnMjFQXNe6m3R3gDzWdUE8JBIgSEmdVoFkv1Y0-nKXwaXm8ih6oCvuF6OE38CPHm67LZLE2HxhWphUHMRarDFsB-vkIBJO2n8k_PFR4IAiCg=w610-h1306-no

SColl07

Jun 20, 2012
similar scenario for me unfortunately, i got 3 hours SOT which bought it down to 14% before i charged. Will give a week or so to see if it improves before deciding to return it or not.

paulrgod

Sep 17, 2008
Sheffield
Same Uk Model, its been absolutely appaling.. the things also getting too hot all the time doing basic stuff but forcing the dim screen. I'm really not too happy with this so far.. just had an update so maybe this will improve things... though as above gonna give it a week or so to see if things settle down.

xORJSx

Apr 28, 2020
Same Uk Model, its been absolutely appaling.. the things also getting too hot all the time doing basic stuff but forcing the dim screen. I'm really not too happy with this so far.. just had an update so maybe this will improve things... though as above gonna give it a week or so to see if things settle down.

Same here this thing gets super hot, just light browsing socials the screen gets warm. Just typing this out had lost me 1%. Have you got bad standby drain also? Mines terrible with absolutely nothing running. Samsung are theives not upgrading the chipset in this phone but giving the US brand spanking new Snapdragons?

Terminator2k20

Aug 20, 2020
Today was my 1st day using the note 20 ultra at work and I also had below par battery life, got around 2.5 hours sot during a 12 hour shift at the end of which the battery was below 10%, phone was on medium/low brightness using lte with low reception and my phone also got warm to the touch when browsing.

MRnvMvc

Last edited:

Bazcraig

Sep 12, 2009
I ended today on 13% battery with 2hrs52mins SOT. Also find the phone gets extremely hot when doing basically anything for an extended period. Can't see me keeping this past the end of the first week, there's so much ground it would have to make up.

kradcliffe

Sep 28, 2010
Aberdeen
Just done a rolling video test with the Note 8 and Note 20 ultra. Both on full brightness playing the same set of files.

The Note 8 display is brighter and more colourful. After 3 hours or so the Note 20 ultra has 82% left and the Note 8 has 76%

If you look at the difference in battery capacity (4500 vs 3300) and the difference in screen size then I would say the Note 8 performs better even with the brighter display.

unitz0mbie

Apr 6, 2015
Miami
Im currently on snapdragon, but my s10+ was exynos and I never had this drain you guys are experiencing. This is unacceptable. I hope you guys can figure it out.

Remember the battery takes a couple of days to "learn your usage"

ramnkc

Jun 6, 2005
I never trust those marketing gimmick said it will learn your usage and batt life will improves... Just put all apps you did not use into deep sleep and frequent use into sleep. That give me 6 to 7 hours SOT 120hz with 10% left

xORJSx

Apr 28, 2020
4th day in Exynos. Phone has been on for 3 hours, 45 mins SOT consisting of browsing socials, no apps running in background 75% battery remaining ? This is terrible, can't see it getting better....

Vyshakh_88

Aug 11, 2020
4th day in Exynos. Phone has been on for 3 hours, 45 mins SOT consisting of browsing socials, no apps running in background 75% battery remaining ? This is terrible, can't see it getting better....

3 hours 45 min sot and now you are left with 75% battery?
What is the stand by you are getting?

rocku_dj2000

Apr 28, 2012
It has been decent for me so far. This is the first charge cycle. But i was at home in wifi all the time (with 120hz adaptive setting)