Any point in rooting a pure edition on lollipop?

Search This thread

rohithksaj

Jun 28, 2011
kerala
Greenify... Best app to hibernate apps and prolong your battery..
Ad away.. No more ads
Rom tool box.. Change your font, starting logo etc etc
WhatsApp +... More and more features than normal WhatsApp
My most favorite..... Roms.. If you haven't flashed anu roms in your old phone... You should try one.. When they appear in development section... :)

Sent from my XT1092 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: porlex

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Greenify... Best app to hibernate apps and prolong your battery..
Ad away.. No more ads
Rom tool box.. Change your font, starting logo etc etc
WhatsApp +... More and more features than normal WhatsApp
My most favorite..... Roms.. If you haven't flashed anu roms in your old phone... You should try one.. When they appear in development section... :)

Sent from my XT1092 using XDA Free mobile app

Rooting and ROMing are two different things. You don't need root to flash a ROM, just an unlocked bootloader. That said, we probably won't see many ROMs at all for the X, if any.

But agreed on Greenify and adblockers, but also Titanium Backup, Autostarts, Root Explorer, and others that escape me right now.

Edit: Forgot the biggest reason of them all- CF.Lumen! Use it to adjust the color temperature to fix the godawful yellowish whites that plague the X's screen. I'm using it on KitKat but I'd imagine it would be even more beneficial to use on Lollipop because of all the white. Seriously, it's the greatest app ever (for the X) and makes a MASSIVE difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

seco2004

Nov 10, 2012
I root basically because of Titanium Backup, gives full control of what shows in my app drawer (I like having it as clean as possible). Some of the Google apps I don't use like Newstand, Books and Movies can't be disabled, so they keep showing in the app drawer and with TB I can freeze them. Also root for the file manager app X-Plore, which gives full access to the root directory.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone