Any Questions!!!! (Ask me) you'll get a response within 24 hours

Search This thread

esang

Oct 14, 2018
LG V10 Erroneously thinks it's in Airplane Mode

Hello, my LG V10 thinks it's in Airplane Mode, even though it is not (the icon is not highlighted) and it will not make/receive calls, and I cannot use data. Wifi and texting still work.
I've attempted multiple restarts, turned off/on, tried three different batteries, and even a hard reset. Nothing works.
Other places I have looked online suggest it is a hardware issue, but I haven't been able to find information on what hardware, specifically, is the problem. I have a spare non-functional (different problem) LG V10 I would like to use as parts, if I can find out what needs replacing. It is not under warranty. Would you happen to have any info that could help me? Thanks very much.

egypro

Jul 22, 2011
NY-USA
after i called verizone customer support to unlock my device , they give me instruction and unlock code , and i was told to enter the unlock code when i put non verizon sim , but when i put another sim the phone doesnt ask me for unlock code and it stay blocked , giving error message sim not from verizon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently running a V10 from Verizon, Android version is 6.0.

After recent updates (a few months ago) from Verizon, I noticed my call blocking software was no longer working. I had the software set to block any numbers not in my contacts.

I poked around in the phone app settings and the Android settings, all settings allowing me to block callers from mt phone had been removed.

Verizon's "solution" to be able to block up to 5 numbers free for 90 days (then you have to reblock them) simply does not meet my needs. Paying extra for their service to block numbers is just rude to me. I'd go to another carrier first.

Is there any way to get those settings back on my phone so I can block numbers from my phone again?

Actually, I've been using contacts+ and dialer+ from the play store on my last several phones and I no longer have to back up my contacts , call log, or texts! And, it has call blocking that does have the block everything not in your contacts. It has made rooting and breaking phones hurt a little less and/or be less of a pain in the @$$. I swear I have nothing to do with them, lol. I'm just a guy who likes to fiddle with this stuff who stumbled on this app purely by trial and error. If I can make one complaint, it's different than other dialers/contacts, and I don't think it's the prettiest app, but once you fiddle with it a while, it gets better. I wish I could skin it though, lol. Sorry for rambling, I just stumbled here and had to comment. ;)
    I have a couple questions..

1. Is there any kind of ETA? I'm as patient as the next guy, but it's always nice to know! No worries if you don't have one though : )

2. Is there any proof of the K10 root working on the V10?

(not really a question but)
    3. I know it's a very long time off, but in October of this year I will no longer be with Verizon and I'm willing to test anything around that time.