Any recommendations for a stable rom+/kernel to the 8t?

Search This thread
Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys
I'm still with the original oneplus rom but I had enough with that Android 12 ****...
I haven't even rooted my device but im down for everything to make my phone great again!
Last time i was into roms and kernels was 8 years ago with my galaxy 4🤣, i guess nothing changes much?

I would realy appreciate any recommendations for the best stable room that works flawlessly, and a kernel if you'd recommend, too please🙏

Any other root/recovery recommendations will be much appreciated ♥️

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys
I'm still with the original oneplus rom but I had enough with that Android 12 ****...
I haven't even rooted my device but im down for everything to make my phone great again!
Last time i was into roms and kernels was 8 years ago with my galaxy 4🤣, i guess nothing changes much?

I would realy appreciate any recommendations for the best stable room that works flawlessly, and a kernel if you'd recommend, too please🙏

I have tried Project Zephyrus, evolution x, nameless, and Corvus on my 8t so far. Depends on exactly what you're looking for I guess. Project zephyrus, and nameless, are both very stable. Nameless has a little bit more customization than zephyrus. Evolution x has quite a bit of customization and the battery backup isn't terrible. Project Zephyrus gave me the best battery out of all the ROMs I've tried though. Corvus I believe is no longer maintained on our device. I'm tried that ROM, and It wasn't the greatest for this device anyway. I'm currently running evolution x and is doing me justice. It has OTA support. Nameless does as well. Project Zephyrus is working on it. If you don't need all the bells and whistles, but just enough I would go with nameless. Honestly though better to test them all out yourself, these are just my personal opinion.

I forgot about Derpfest. One of my favorites as well. Pretty sure the Dev discontinued development though the last I knew. For our device, the maintainer/developer started his own ROM, but he's's talking about still doing derp builds now instead, until he finishes his newest project. PM me if you would like his telegram channel to join

Last edited:
Reactions: Visca__barca10
Dec 22, 2015
I have tried Project Zephyrus, evolution x, nameless, and Corvus on my 8t so far. Depends on exactly what you're looking for I guess. Project zephyrus, and nameless, are both very stable. Nameless has a little bit more customization than zephyrus. Evolution x has quite a bit of customization and the battery backup isn't terrible. Project Zephyrus gave me the best battery out of all the ROMs I've tried though. Corvus I believe is no longer maintained on our device. I'm tried that ROM, and It wasn't the greatest for this device anyway. I'm currently running evolution x and is doing me justice. It has OTA support. Nameless does as well. Project Zephyrus is working on it. If you don't need all the bells and whistles, but just enough I would go with nameless. Honestly though better to test them all out yourself, these are just my personal opinion.

I forgot about Derpfest. One of my favorites as well. Pretty sure the Dev discontinued development though the last I knew. For our device, the maintainer/developer started his own ROM, but he's's talking about still doing derp builds now instead, until he finishes his newest project. PM me if you would like his telegram channel to join
Thanks alot for your help! Is nameless still getting updates for our model?
And do you recommand any kernel too? Or just the rom itself?
And what about recovery? Anything reccomanded?

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks alot for your help! Is nameless still getting updates for our model?
And do you recommand any kernel too? Or just the rom itself?
And what about recovery? Anything reccomanded?
It still gets updates, and the kernel that comes with it is already great, so I don't flash any other custom ones. I just extract the recovery.img from the payload.bin in the ROM zip using payload dumper. Once you have that, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, boot to recovery, adb sideload the ROM zip then format data and boot to system. If you want root, sideload magisk.zip, or patch the boot.img with magisk apk then flash the patched boot.img

Dec 22, 2015
It still gets updates, and the kernel that comes with it is already great, so I don't flash any other custom ones. I just extract the recovery.img from the payload.bin in the ROM zip using payload dumper. Once you have that, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, boot to recovery, adb sideload the ROM zip then format data and boot to system. If you want root, sideload magisk.zip, or patch the boot.img with magisk apk then flash the patched boot.img

I think i have to check a tutorial for that as its pretty different than it was 7 years ago🤣
Thanks!

aswinrulez

Jul 30, 2009
Chennai
OnePlus 8T

Does nameless have unlimited google photos spoofing like evoX has?

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Cm was great!
And where those ota updates pop up? As a notification?
You have to go to system settings then system update and refresh to check for updates. Usually once a month on nameless. If you watch the telegram channel, it'll let you know when one is being pushed.

Edit: forgot to add, CM was awesome! Definitely agree! 😆

Last edited:

parag0n1986

May 3, 2015
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
What is that google photos thing? Is google photos the main gallery in those roms?
It can be the main gallery. The spoofing gives you unlimited pics and video cloud storage instead of just 10gb by spoofing your phone as a Google pixel 6. Nameless and Evo x have oos cam and gallery right now. Don't remember if zephyrus does, but I'm pretty sure it did

Dec 22, 2015
It can be the main gallery. The spoofing gives you unlimited pics and video cloud storage instead of just 10gb by spoofing your phone as a Google pixel 6. Nameless and Evo x have oos cam and gallery right now. Don't remember if zephyrus does, but I'm pretty sure it did
I think o ftrying the lineageos first.
Doea it has the spoofing?

atiqul

Dec 16, 2014
You can also try havoc os.Though it is not yet updated to a12 yet,but it is scheduled to update on mid july

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

Lineageos is far the most stable/bugfree custom rom on this device, most of the other custom roms are based on LOS
    https://download.lineageos.org/kebab
    Auto built every week, ota updates also working. LOS19 should arrive in next few weeks
    Install instructions
    I asked the other guy for his reccomanded rom's updates, you already wrote that nameless is getting updated and i appreciate it alot!
    Thanks for the link, too!
    Thanks!
    May i ask what los19 is?
    And the ota updates are directly released from lineageos?
    Los is lineage os. Pretty much picked up there cyanogen mod left off, just not near as much customization as cm had. Yes, updates come from Los just as nameless update come from nameless ☺️