Any rom without GApps? Degoogled?

Search This thread

zCaptain

Apr 3, 2020
For this S7 Exynos?

I've used a ton of these roms, but..Can any of these be completely de-googled?

zCaptain

Apr 3, 2020
Every Lineage rom there is in this forum, comes with the phrase "Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)" ...

So... Am I supposed to install GApps, and then microG on top of this "de-Googled" option?

Or can I install microG, from TWRP directly? And skip that step?

meesam3379

Feb 2, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7
Oppo A37
Every Lineage rom there is in this forum, comes with the phrase "Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)" ...

So... Am I supposed to install GApps, and then microG on top of this "de-Googled" option?

Or can I install microG, from TWRP directly? And skip that step?
No.
Its not mandatory to install gapps in the first place.

Also you can directly install microG in place of gapps or just use the LineageOS microG version which you can find here

Ishayin

Oct 10, 2022
I was considering /e/ myself because it has an official ROM for this phone:

At least you can see what bugs have been reported with it there and decide for yourself if any of them look important for you or not. I don't know if any of the LineageOS community builds on the forums are likely to be better or worse in this regard? The other bit of info I can't find is how easy it is to go back to stock ROM if you have any issues with it. It appears to be based on Android 10 (Q), and I've heard it can be difficult to downgrade again to older Android versions?

For de-Googling it goes a bit deeper than just leaving out Google Play Services, but whether you care about lower level pings is up to you:

Here is a decent overview:

And here is my initial failed attempt to de-Google the stock ROM. If anyone can help with troubleshooting that it would be much appreciated, or maybe I need to post it in a separate thread?

Last edited: