Any root/slim ROM method for Fire 7 (7th generation 2017)?

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just bought a new Fire 7 (7th generation) tablet. But all I found so far were for root is for Fire 7 (5th generation). Any new 7th generation root method and custom rom? Or is it compatible between 5th and latest 7th generation? Thanks for the help guys.
    In addition to other responses no assessment of custom rom compatibility on 7th gen devices can be conducted without root. IMO it is highly unlikely an exploitable vulnerability will be found in recent builds of FireOS or the device bootloader anytime soon given recent efforts to shore up all Android based ROMs.
    I just bought a new Fire 7 (7th generation) tablet. But all I found so far were for root is for Fire 7 (5th generation). Any new 7th generation root method and custom rom? Or is it compatible between 5th and latest 7th generation? Thanks for the help guys.

If the OS Version is 5.3.2.1, or 5.3.3.0, then no...not root yet.
    I just got 4 Fire 7 gen 7s in the mail today; two with a red case, two with a yellow case.

The odd thing is that the yellow colored ones came with 5.4.0.0, while the red ones came with 5.3.3.0. The red ones must not be as popular and I was sent slightly older stock I assume.

Even worse is that the 5.4.0.0 yellow ones won't even let you bypass/skip the initial wifi setup and amazon account login. You MUST be connected to the internet and login with an Amazon account to setup the tablet.

I would highly advise you not allow those to update, flash 5.3.2.1 (the oldest version you can safely revert to if you haven't yet hit 5.4.0.1), and then use the tool linked below to remove all of the Amazon bloatware and install the launcher of your choice. This will get you as close as possible to a stock Android experience.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/amazon-fire-utility-tool-bloat-removal-t3641151
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

1) If you have problems acting like a responsible adult while using Xda, or you cannot comment without being disrespectful, insulting or rude, PLEASE do not comment at all.

2) Remember when the trolls roll, simply REPORT them. DO NOT engage, feed, scold, throat punch them (resist the urge, I know it can be difficult).

Doing so not only clutters the thread further, it adds fuel to the troll fire, and rarely, if ever, ends quickly.

Repeat after me: REPORT, IGNORE, MOVE ON :D

Thanks for your cooperation.

tl;dr
    Comment with respect, don't violate the rules. Report the trolls, don't feed them.
    Thank you. And yes, it is sometimes difficult to ignore (not engage) those who disrespect other members. Especially when interfacing via the XDA labs app which offers no reporting functionality...have to use the web interface for that.