Question Any software solution to proximity sensor failure on calls?

Search This thread

slumpp

Mar 24, 2021
Hello,

Before buying the Poco F3 I've never had a phone with this system without a proximity sensor, and the truth is that after using the phone for two weeks I'm sick of it. I'm even thinking of selling the phone.

Due to the fact that the problem is related to the lack of appropriate hardware, I think that a possible solution for phone calls could be that the screen would automatically lock when answering calls, and then to manipulate the screen again it would be necessary to unlock a via a slider, pattern, fingerprint, or facial recognition.

Do you know any solution or calling app that allows to do something about this? Root wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you.

Reactions: 4Style

darkb7

Jul 15, 2018
I tried the recalibration but did not work. Also I am using a new tempered glass screen protector but no luck. It would be interesting to hear from someone who is using a custom ROM if the problem is solved there

mlcattini

Feb 22, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Unfortunately, they have to use palm rejection in conjunction with the camera to get it to work but it will never be as good... I know that feeling bro... hate how when listening to audios on Instagram or whatsapp this **** doesn't even work at all

kishore1998

• Jun 15, 2016
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    I checked the proximity sensor test in CIT and it is very inconsistent for me too. I guess this device has an ultrasonic proximity sensor instead of the infrared sensor that is generally used, and it hasn't been calibrated correctly. Maybe future updates could fix it hopefully

ineedroot69

• Nov 13, 2019
    i use this app name "proximity service" when you cover the proximity sensor near front camera the screen would turn off while the running apps does not get shutdown i use it to stream call of duty without my phone screen running so phone don't get overheat

Reactions: Neronivs

ineedroot69

• Nov 13, 2019
    so is the proximity sensor actually broken on everyones device. what the hell something as simple as that they messed up.
    provably intentional they sacrifice some hardware to fit its price range this explain why the phone cost $200 on some country while other have it at $400

business my friend lol

Reactions: malick186

slumpp

Mar 24, 2021
    As far I know, this phone don't have any proximity sensor, I guess that this is because design reasons, don't think that the proximity sensor hardware cost more thant cents. The phone uses an ultrasonic "sensor" combined with the gyroscope, because of that, the sensor only works (when it works) with the phone in vertical.

For Whatsapp, instagram or other audios I don't think there is a solution for this, even with future updates, since the main problem is the lack of hardware and isn't possible to modify the apps.

I thought that a "solution" for phone calls could be that if when answering calls the touchscreen locks automatically (even if the sensor malfunctions and don't turn off the screen), and for unlock a slider on screen or something similar was necessary, could be a solution for misstouching the touchscreen with the face. Even using screensaver mode/blackscreen for this purpose could be a solution, but I can't figure out if this is possible with some other third party telephone app.

Last edited:

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Are proximity sensors needed?

I am thinking about buying this phone, but this concerns me.
    I already bought it and found out about this sensor issue after purchase the phone is on its way and i am kind of regretting the purchase because sensor is quite important so that the screen can go off when the phone is near your ear and also for some reason when playing voice note on whats app people are saying the screen turns off and doesnt come back on which is a huge flaw in my opinion. I cant think how this could possibly be fixed without the option of a physical IR proximity sensor.

May 11, 2021
    I already bought it and found out about this sensor issue after purchase the phone is on its way and i am kind of regretting the purchase because sensor is quite important so that the screen can go off when the phone is near your ear and also for some reason when playing voice note on whats app people are saying the screen turns off and doesnt come back on which is a huge flaw in my opinion. I cant think how this could possibly be fixed without the option of a physical IR proximity sensor.

Dang, I wonder if software can fix it?

tolga_1

Jun 21, 2010
    Bu telefonun yakınlık sensörü tam bir rezalet. Asla düzgün çalışmaz. Kendi zevk dilekleri çalışır.
    Telefon sabrımı zorlamaya başladı. Tekrar Samsung'a dönmek istiyorum.

malick186

• Jan 16, 2013
    Karachi
    I am also experiencing this same issue. Due to this, I had sold my previous device Mi 11Lite to a friend of mine since he isn't bothered about the issue. Now in Poco F3, I am facing this issue. Sometimes it gets off and sometimes it doesn't. Initially, I first experience this issue in Redmi Note 9S but then the same issue arises in Mi 11 Lite. But in Poco F3 it does more frequently then my previous devices.
    I think it's due to wired location of the proximity sensor which controls it in these thin bezels devices since the earphone grill is too small. Its driver or software should be tweaked by developers or Xiaomi in sort of patch or update.
    If there is any fix or workaround for this then kindly share since it's very annoying especially listening to WhatsApp messages is a pain in the ass.

minotavros

Jan 3, 2014
    Also my f3 when I make a call and phone is upright and my face is facing it then the screen goes off. This does not happen when the phone is lying down

ineedroot69

• Nov 13, 2019
    Also my f3 when I make a call and phone is upright and my face is facing it then the screen goes off. This does not happen when the phone is lying down
    i thought that what supposed to happen? also forcing your proximity sensor to "always run" and detect if your phone put down on table lying down and turn off screen would eat more battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Quick TuneUp (apk)

Use this app to fix the problem of the call sensor (hear audio), simple and easy, install the app and go into sensor calibration and let it calibrate and restart your phone!
      Hello,

Before buying the Poco F3 I've never had a phone with this system without a proximity sensor, and the truth is that after using the phone for two weeks I'm sick of it. I'm even thinking of selling the phone.

Due to the fact that the problem is related to the lack of appropriate hardware, I think that a possible solution for phone calls could be that the screen would automatically lock when answering calls, and then to manipulate the screen again it would be necessary to unlock a via a slider, pattern, fingerprint, or facial recognition.

Do you know any solution or calling app that allows to do something about this? Root wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you.
      i use this app name "proximity service" when you cover the proximity sensor near front camera the screen would turn off while the running apps does not get shutdown i use it to stream call of duty without my phone screen running so phone don't get overheat
      so is the proximity sensor actually broken on everyones device. what the hell something as simple as that they messed up.
      provably intentional they sacrifice some hardware to fit its price range this explain why the phone cost $200 on some country while other have it at $400

business my friend lol

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Poco X3 NFC, & Poco F3 proximity sensor issues to be fixed with future updates.​

Source: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/05/15/x...-poco-f3-proximity-sensor-issues-to-be-fixed/