Question Any software solution to proximity sensor failure on calls?

Search This thread

mocmocmoc

Jan 24, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Just pulled this out of a drawer and damn.. my case was preventing it EVER firing..

Its still janky but at least there is some sensing..
I drilled bigger holes on my phone case and holding it properly (when making phone calls the top must be obstructed, when on video call the top must not be obstructed). Been working fine since without a problem. I don't think any ammount of workaround can really fix the physical placement of the sensor.

JHsugZ4.jpg

vs2mOw7.png

Any link to this workaround without bothering him ?
Here. It auto toggle p-sensor and screen off during calls

Last edited:

Phat Phreddy

Jun 11, 2010
I drilled bigger holes on my phone case and holding it properly (when making phone calls the top must be obstructed, when on video call the top must not be obstructed). Been working fine since without a problem. I don't think any ammount of workaround can really fix the physical placement of the sensor.

JHsugZ4.jpg

vs2mOw7.png

Or you can try Varun000009's workaround which simply auto toggle p-sensor and screen off during calls

agree... and having used it all day its the best I have ever had it working.. I can perhaps live with it.. I had 2 different cases and both make it work poorly including the bundled clear case.. With it naked its not perfect but its not unusable either. Previously I just couldnt deal, pocket wake ups too (until I enforced a set of lock screen rules).

What is the best firmware (and where can I see what FW its running) ?? for this issue..

Phat Phreddy

Jun 11, 2010
I see aosp_alioth-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 1633854352 release_keys

Not sure how that relates to 1.2.5.4.0 etc

byrnnwildfr

Mar 28, 2022
Hello,

Before buying the Poco F3 I've never had a phone with this system without a proximity sensor, and the truth is that after using the phone for two weeks I'm sick of it. I'm even thinking of selling the phone.

Due to the fact that the problem is related to the lack of appropriate hardware, I think that a possible solution for phone calls could be that the screen would automatically lock when answering calls, and then to manipulate the screen again it would be necessary to unlock a via a slider, pattern, fingerprint, or facial recognition.

Do you know any solution or calling app that allows to do something about this? Root wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you.
I also face same issue. But i get rid of this issue by doing hard reset of my mobile. But their is again happening and then one of my friend told me that it is possible due to root of your mobile then i download the software and manually downgrade my software and it is fixed now.

cuongz104

Apr 19, 2016
There's a potential fix that was posted on reddit few weeks ago. The solution is open the default miui Compass app -> recalibrate -> lock that app -> set to autostart.
I have tried it, but since I don't call much, I haven't known if it's really work or not. But seem like, it does improve a little bit?

Here's the link to the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/PocoPhones/comments/tvlmlg
You guys can try and share the result :)

fbirraque

Nov 20, 2007
There's a potential fix that was posted on reddit few weeks ago. The solution is open the default miui Compass app -> recalibrate -> lock that app -> set to autostart.
I have tried it, but since I don't call much, I haven't known if it's really work or not. But seem like, it does improve a little bit?

Here's the link to the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/PocoPhones/comments/tvlmlg
The Compass App (Magnetic Sensor) is even worst and less precise then Virtual Proximity Sensor. But calibrating it every day I didn't notice the Call Screen issue anymore.

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
The Compass App (Magnetic Sensor) is even worst and less precise then Virtual Proximity Sensor. But calibrating it every day I didn't notice the Call Screen issue anymore.
This is so true i'm looking for alternative for Google Camera and i read somewhere here in XDA i can use OpenCamera .. so i installed OpenCamera and in setting there is calibrate so i clicked it but it f*cked up my stock camera app accelerometer and proximity sensor app even if i uninstall OpenCamera already my stock camera app accelerometer and proximity sensor app is still f*cked up so i just did Compass App calibrate and restarted the phone and issue is gone

pegasoc

Hello,
I use the Xiaomi.eu 12.5.14 in Italian and can't find the Compass app. Can it have another name?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick TuneUp (apk)

Use this app to fix the problem of the call sensor (hear audio), simple and easy, install the app and go into sensor calibration and let it calibrate and restart your phone!
    Hello,

Before buying the Poco F3 I've never had a phone with this system without a proximity sensor, and the truth is that after using the phone for two weeks I'm sick of it. I'm even thinking of selling the phone.

Due to the fact that the problem is related to the lack of appropriate hardware, I think that a possible solution for phone calls could be that the screen would automatically lock when answering calls, and then to manipulate the screen again it would be necessary to unlock a via a slider, pattern, fingerprint, or facial recognition.

Do you know any solution or calling app that allows to do something about this? Root wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Poco X3 NFC, & Poco F3 proximity sensor issues to be fixed with future updates.​

Source: https://piunikaweb.com/2021/05/15/x...-poco-f3-proximity-sensor-issues-to-be-fixed/
    so is the proximity sensor actually broken on everyones device. what the hell something as simple as that they messed up.
    As far I know, this phone don't have any proximity sensor, I guess that this is because design reasons, don't think that the proximity sensor hardware cost more thant cents. The phone uses an ultrasonic "sensor" combined with the gyroscope, because of that, the sensor only works (when it works) with the phone in vertical.

For Whatsapp, instagram or other audios I don't think there is a solution for this, even with future updates, since the main problem is the lack of hardware and isn't possible to modify the apps.

I thought that a "solution" for phone calls could be that if when answering calls the touchscreen locks automatically (even if the sensor malfunctions and don't turn off the screen), and for unlock a slider on screen or something similar was necessary, could be a solution for misstouching the touchscreen with the face. Even using screensaver mode/blackscreen for this purpose could be a solution, but I can't figure out if this is possible with some other third party telephone app.