Question Any solutions for Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13 not draining battery on Wear OS watches?

Search This thread

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I have been having this issue since updating my phone (Pixel 6 Pro) to Android 13. The battery life of my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (SM-R890) has tanked. I used to get 2+ days of battery life with the watch and after the Android 13 update I got well less than a day. Many people on reddit have the same issue. It is not related to the watch, Other Wear OS watches are having same issue (like TWP3). This appears to be a Bluetooth issue with phone. When I turn off Bluetooth on my phone, my watch is back to 2+ days. In the Sept. update bulletin It said "Fix for issue occasionally preventing certain Bluetooth devices or accessories from connecting". I was hopeful that the Sept. update would fix this issue but alas it does not. I have the Verizon Sept. update (TP1A.220905.004.A1). I currently turn off Bluetooth on my phone so my watch's battery does not drain. It kind of sucks having a smart watch not connected to phone. Does anyone know if there is a way to resolve this issue?

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
I have the exact same watch and pixel 6 pro, I am not experiencing this issue. Although I do not use google assistant, which was draining my phone and the watch like crazy as you report, after stopping to use I stopped having problems. August update Android 13 galaxy watch app was draining the crap out of my phone, to the point I mostly disabled it and manually allowed the sync, again after Samsung software updates and Sept build all of this has gone away again.
August update was so crap I also did a factory reset of the phone no restore to try to fix all of this, and other issues with Bluetooth, made no difference. With September update almost all these issues have gone away.

If you upgraded from 12 -13 not factory reset I would recommend doing that.
Or backup the watch and reset it, making sure you remove the watch for bluetooth devices on the phone before, so it sets up clean as a bluetooth device.

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Do you think that if I disable Assitatant on phone this could resolve issue? I use this feature very infrequently. I do not have installed on watch. I did upgrade from from 12 to 13 as apposed a factory reset. I'm fine doing phone reset though a bit more work (backing up texts, photos, etc.). I did reset of watch after A13 update but pre sept update. Do you think resetting watch now after sept update could resolve? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
It's Samsung health that's draining the battery. I rolled back to the July version of Samsung health and battery is great. You can also turn off Samsung health permission to "physical activity" and that will help. The problem is the August update for Samsung Health basically keeps keeps the app running constantly on Android 13 because it's trying to sense all physical activity from your phone and doesn't allow the phone to deep sleep. It's interesting because if you roll back to the July build of Samsung Health, you can keep the physical activity permissions on and it doesn't have the deep sleep issue.

Reactions: danw_oz

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
It's Samsung health that's draining the battery. I rolled back to the July version of Samsung health and battery is great. You can also turn off Samsung health permission to "physical activity" and that will help. The problem is the August update for Samsung Health basically keeps keeps the app running constantly on Android 13 because it's trying to sense all physical activity from your phone and doesn't allow the phone to deep sleep. It's interesting because if you roll back to the July build of Samsung Health, you can keep the physical activity permissions on and it doesn't have the deep sleep issue.
I do not have Samsung Health installed on phone.

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
Do you think that if I disable Assitatant on phone this could resolve issue? I use this feature very infrequently. I do not have installed on watch. I did upgrade from from 12 to 13 as apposed a factory reset. I'm fine doing phone reset though a bit more work (backing up texts, photos, etc.). I did reset of watch after A13 update but pre sept update. Do you think resetting watch now after sept update could resolve? Thanks for your help!
Yes, absolutely, do a search for something like huge battery drain after google assistant launches on watch 4, you will see it littered everywhere and the recommendation was to uninstall it. Quick and easy test, then if it makes no difference then just install it again.

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
Yes there is a number of Samsung chats, blogs about this behaviour and for the best part Samsung seemed to shrug it off

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I do not have Samsung Health installed on phone.

edit - Is it Samsung Health on phone or watch which is causing battery drain?

Last edited:

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I have the exact same watch and pixel 6 pro, I am not experiencing this issue. Although I do not use google assistant, which was draining my phone and the watch like crazy as you report, after stopping to use I stopped having problems. August update Android 13 galaxy watch app was draining the crap out of my phone, to the point I mostly disabled it and manually allowed the sync, again after Samsung software updates and Sept build all of this has gone away again.
August update was so crap I also did a factory reset of the phone no restore to try to fix all of this, and other issues with Bluetooth, made no difference. With September update almost all these issues have gone away.

If you upgraded from 12 -13 not factory reset I would recommend doing that.
Or backup the watch and reset it, making sure you remove the watch for bluetooth devices on the phone before, so it sets up clean as a bluetooth device.
danw_oz, when I finally reset my phone this fixed the issue for me. Thank you! I tried multiple other things and nothing worked. For me it was not assistant or Samsung Health.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to tell you I'm not experiencing this. I get a good 2.5-3 days of battery life with samsung health and everything running as normal on Android 13 and the latest GW4 update.