Any tips to root Xperia 5?

Search This thread

Fafauznn

Nov 19, 2016
Sony Xperia 5
Hi, I just bought Xperia 5 and i wonder how to root this phone on the latest update (android 11) ? I just moved from iphone and i don't know how to root Xperia devices (all I know when you root xiaomi phone you need to unlock bootloader , install twrp and then flash magisk)

Reactions: pierro78

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
TWRP isn't a Thing on our Xperia 5 and 1 Devices. There are no fully functional Builds anywhere...
My Magisk Kernel Patch Root Guide is the only working way for Us.

Reactions: pierro78

pierro78

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You're welcome! You just need to grab XperiFirm and Unsin from XDA, the Magisk (App) from GitHub and everything else is history. I unlocked My Xperia 5 again today, and used the latest Magisk 22.0 Beta to patch My .A.66 Firmware Kernel. Works flawless :)

Marmalux

May 15, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia 8 Sirocco
LG V50 ThinQ
Hi

You have to follow these general steps (google for details)
1 Unlock the bootloader (Sony provides this functionality, so it is easy to unlock it)
2 Download - (from Sony Open devices site) Kumano software binaries for android 11 (Latest)
- with Xperifirm Latest android 11 image
- Newflasher (to flash the downloaded firmware)
- Unsin (te extract the boot image from the downloaded firmware folder; it is the sin file containing boot flash all in its name and it has around 65mb)
- Platform tools (for the fastboot)
- Xperia 5 drivers (Also from Sony open devices website)
3 Place Kumano software binaries in platform tools folder
4 Connect phone in fastboot mode (Vol up while connecting usb cable)
5 Flash the software binaries to both OEM partitions (fastboot flash OEM_a "software binaries.img" then fastboot flash OEM_b "software binaries.img")
6 Put phone in flash mode (volume down while inserting USB cable and release after vibration feedback while green led is ON)
7 Use newflasher and flash all content downloaded from Xperifirm (put newflasher in the root of the folder and execute it)
8 Boot phone (Now you have bootloader unlocked xperia with android 11 and no root)
For getting root with Magisk
9 Unsin the Boot image (place by drag and drop the sin file over the Unsin executable) and then move the img to your phone storage
10 Download Magisk on your phone
11 In magisk select install and select patch file, browse to the copied .img and patch it
12 Copy the "patched" boot image to your PC and place it in platform tools folder
13 Connect phone in fasstboot
14 execute fastboot flash boot_a "patched boot.img"
execute fastboot flash boot_b "patched boot.img"
15 fastboot -w (Do this to clear the Userdata. If you skip this your phone might not boot)
Reboot. Now you have android 11 with Magisk

P.s. : The Sony drivers contains a .inf file. Youn install them directly by right clicking the .inf file and select "install" or after you have connected the phone (in fastboot / flash mode) go to device manager and update driver, select have disk and browse to the .inf file)
Also there are several tutorials here in Xperia 5 sub forum that are very detailed.

Sorry for any mistakes!

Reactions: Fafauznn and Aqq123

timonblue1131

Jul 21, 2017
Hi

1 Unlock the bootloader (Sony provides this functionality, so it is easy to unlock it)
2 Download - (from Sony Open devices site) Kumano software binaries for android 11 (Latest)
- Unsin (te extract the boot image from the downloaded firmware folder; it is the sin file containing boot flash all in its name and it has around 65mb)
5 Flash the software binaries to both OEM partitions (fastboot flash OEM_a "software binaries.img" then fastboot flash OEM_b "software binaries.img")
6 Put phone in flash mode (volume down while inserting USB cable and release after vibration feedback while green led is ON)
7 Use newflasher and flash all content downloaded from Xperifirm (put newflasher in the root of the folder and execute it)
8 Boot phone (Now you have bootloader unlocked xperia with android 11 and no root)
9 Unsin the Boot image (place by drag and drop the sin file over the Unsin executable) and then move the img to your phone storage
11 In magisk select install and select patch file, browse to the copied .img and patch it
12 Copy the "patched" boot image to your PC and place it in platform tools folder
15 fastboot -w (Do this to clear the Userdata. If you skip this your phone might not boot)

P.s. : The Sony drivers contains a .inf file. Youn install them directly by right clicking the .inf file and select "install" or after you have connected the phone (in fastboot / flash mode) go to device manager and update driver, select have disk and browse to the .inf file)
Also there are several tutorials here in Xperia 5 sub forum that are very detailed.

Sorry for any mistakes!
How to unlock SO901 ? SONY DO NOT UNLOCK AU ?

龙泽一郎

Aug 21, 2012
Here is something probable useful
  • boot_X-FLASH-ALL-A2CD.img stock .sin UnSin to .img
  • magisk_patched-27000_vSADR.img magisk patched root .img

(My device ROM: J9210_Customized CN_55.2.A.4.332-R15C, Magisk 27.0)

Attachments

• boot_X-FLASH-ALL-A2CD.img
    64 MB · Views: 8
  • magisk_patched-27000_vSADR.img
    64 MB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're welcome! You just need to grab XperiFirm and Unsin from XDA, the Magisk (App) from GitHub and everything else is history. I unlocked My Xperia 5 again today, and used the latest Magisk 22.0 Beta to patch My .A.66 Firmware Kernel. Works flawless :)
    Hi

Sorry for any mistakes!
    Hi, I just bought Xperia 5 and i wonder how to root this phone on the latest update (android 11) ? I just moved from iphone and i don't know how to root Xperia devices (all I know when you root xiaomi phone you need to unlock bootloader , install twrp and then flash magisk)
    I think he deleted some files in his google drive link , so I guess there's no other way to do it?